• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Reverse Kit Install

Taz107

Extreme
First off, great site. It has been a great help answering any questions and concerns that have come up with my sled. :rocks:

Now, my questions;
1- In researching p/n's for the reverse kit for my 05 Vector, it appears the reverse kit from yamaha, 8FA-W4759-20-00, also fits the RX-1's and Apex's - Is this correct?
2- Do take off (used kits) normally have the neccessary parts to install, or do you have to buy additional parts as well?
3- Has anyone installed the reverse kit in their Vector? Just wondering how big of a job it is, and do you need any special tools? Any tips or tricks would be apprciated.

Thanks for your help. :4STroke:

I did one in a rx-1 its really easy with the instructions on the site. goto To Tallyamaha.com then go to tech pages , there you will find instructions with photos.I picked up a used one for 350.00 . I think the vector and rx-1 will inner change but you would have to have the 05 rx-1 as the brake mount wholes are different on the 03-04 rx-1

Back