• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Multi purpose Tool bag

genosis

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
1992 yamaha venture480
2009 yamaha venture mp
Just bought 2009 mp was looking for a pic of tool bag on the machine as mine didnt come with one.
What tools came with the mp from the factory?

Not sure if in '09 the bag was still under the left side panel or had moved to between the front of the A-arms. Do you have the spare belt under the right side panel? If so, then it's the first one and I'd recommend getting that one. The one between the the arms is terrible destroying the spare belt all bent in there and usually all frozen in exposed to ice and snow. I don't keep mine under the cover anymore. The plastic tool "case" fell apart a long time ago so I put it in another type of case in the box I carry in the rear.

My dealer put my tool kit in the zip pocket on the back of the rear seat backrest ... great spot! Maybe yours is there. I'll bring mine in and list the items tonight.
The good news is that in 9000km I haven't needed it.

Welcome to TY and the VL/MP treehouse .

Looks like the tool bag was mounted to the front up by the a arms because i see a strap there.I checked the zip pocket in the rear seat .No tools inside but it definitely is good spot to put some in there.

Open ended wrenches 8-10mm,10-12,14-17
Box end 19-22mm
14mm socket that is driven off the 19mm box end
10mm flex head socket that is driven off the 19mm box end

I commend Yamaha, I don't think I could possibly source crappier tools to include with a $12k sled. Why not skip this crap and put together a model specific kit of decent quality and offer is as an accessory or Spring Surge gift. Anyway, that is the list as promised and I hope to hear more from you as you come up to speed with the new sled.

Thanks for the info much appreciated .Gotta gather up some tools.

Open ended wrenches 8-10mm,10-12,14-17
Box end 19-22mm
14mm socket that is driven off the 19mm box end
10mm flex head socket that is driven off the 19mm box end

Did you forget about the screwdrivers and allen keys? I'm pretty sure apart from the wrenches and "sockets", it also came with a Phillips and slotted screwdivers as well as two allen keys.

Yamaha's tool kit isn't any worse than Doo's. Only difference is that Doo includes an emergency starter rope.

You are right about the screw driver, mine did not have Allen keys. Your memory is entirely too good. I screwed up and the stuff was on the table next to me as I typed.

And IIRC, the screwdriver is a "flippable" type between the Phillips and flat blades. The allen keys I remember because I use them on a regular basis unless I added them because you NEED them for the right side panel Dzus fasteners just to check the oil.

Instead of the kit from Yamaha, I'd recommend putting together your own with cheap tools from Princess Auto or Harbor Freight with the common sizes as listed. Maybe use a makeup bag to put them in and stuff it in the zippered backrest (I don't have one). Add a small pair of Vice Grips and a pocket knife.

I never pictured you as a 'make up' bag kind of guy Mooseman.

The worst thing about my faulty list is that the same mind is doing the families taxes right now.

You are right again on the allen key. I tied a little cord to mine and have it looped around one of the airbox fasteners. That way I'm looking straight at it once the hood is up. That is way easier than going into the tool kit each time.

Apparently there is a real good spot to hide a spare key in there too because I still haven't found mine.

You just gave me an idea. I wonder if there would be enough room under the hood? A bag with some reusable zip ties might work.

Back