• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper glider build

Needed to add an E-brake to the Nytro hand brake and because there's not a dedicated brake caliper on the Viper I had to come up with a way to lock the lever . It's not going to be used much but at least it's there if needed.
IMG_3585.JPG

Last edited:

Incredible job, the way it starts already sounds a lot better (in the video), I noticed in the pics it's parked on the grass the only thing left is take it for a rip!!!

Haha! He did already. Couldn't even wait till I get there late this evening. He definitely deserves the first run since he put so much time in it. Grizz says it feels faster and than his stock Viper (butt dyno tested). Can't wait to try myself!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had to take it out for a test rip today. I'm thinking this thing might just be a bit quicker than a stock Viper. It felt a lot like my Nytro on the low end. More to come...............

IMG_3570.JPG

How is the feel of the brake?

Braking felt good. I'm sure he's going to like the Yamaha controls better than the Cat's although he's not going to have a fair assessment due to the fact that he's new to the Viper and never experienced the stock controls.

Last edited:
Finishing up a few details before letting this one loose. The viper fuel sending unit was still reading 1/2 tank on the Nytro gauge when it was actually empty so the resistance of the sensor was to low compared to the Nytro sensor. Luckily, no significant modification of the sending unit was necessary to correct it. Adding about 50 ohms in series was enough resistance to give a good indication of the actual fuel level and with a slight tweak of the float arm I was able to set the low fuel light.

IMG_3592.JPG

A picture of one of two fuel pick up lines in the Viper tank.
IMG_3594.JPG

Under the hood
IMG_3586.JPG

Are you planning to dyno this??

Birkebeiner

I'd like to see it dyno'd but it's up to yamakazie. I'm fairly certain we'd see numbers more like the Nytro's which would indicate that the Cat ECU has a choke hold on the Viper's output.

Back