• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper turbos vs cat turbos

Totally agree. I decided to re-gear mine even before I decided to turbo it. The stock gears are defiantly too low in my opinion. Clutch work and gearing are the first two areas I would address on the Viper if I were to buy another one.

But as a whole it is a heck of a lot cheaper to get big HP out of the factory turbo'd Suzuki than to build a nasty viper turbo!
Its only cheaper if you do no mods to the chassie,than watch the belts fly apart at wfo,every time,now if you tune the chassie with 2500 bucks worth of goddies,getting rid of that stupid TSL POS,than you may have a good going 250 315 hp tunned sled,but unless you are willing to put the time and money into one,just go put a 4,000-6,000 dollar turbo or supercharger on either a apex or viper,and be done with it,and if you need to gear a viper,well that's a preety cheap mod,just do it. My POS cat f1100 was only good for 2500 miles,before it blew the gear box out of it,than 600 miles later,blew the motor,that tight twin has no coolant passages that work well on big boost,anyone who puts big miles on one,will need to replace it every year,or face the parts bin at cat,and on your 2nd year of cat don't care,be prepared to open your wallet,enough said,i am so glad I am back on a gas and go sled,screw cat!!!

Well a lot of guys don't ride more than a 1000 miles a year and only want a sled that can go out and bang heads on short pulls. I was only saying it is a hell of a lot cheaper to build a 320 hp D&D 1100 than it is to do that to a Viper. Now that we have 3 years under out belts and have cracked the code and can pull timing it is getting easier but still fuel pumps and extra injectors, head shims and other things to get to 250 hp.

And I have spent more that $2500 on shock and chassis on the 1st viper and with 1 motor rebuild under my belt on top of pushing now to 20#'s of boost that one has gotten quite expensive!

Back