• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vmax-4 stroke

Yeah, ran it a couple of times yesterday. The power from the turbo proved to be a little more than just the four motor mounts could hold in place, the motor slid back in the chassis about 1/8". I pulled it back out today and am going to build a couple torque links to keep it locked down. Also ordered up some pistons and rings to freshen the motor up since it has a ton of trail miles on it. If the parts come in I may have it back together for this weekend, if not for next weekend for sure. Will get some video when I do.

Pretty sure this thing is going to be a beast when the bugs are all out of it, still haven't weighed it but even with the turbo setup you can tell moving the sled around that it is substantially lighter than our full-bodied RX-1s are.

My son Aj and I are inspired, after watching your build we are probably going the same route you did (hope you don't mind us copying) The sled looks great ;)!

I think it'd be great to see some more guys do this, I'm just glad not everybody thinks I'm crazy, lol. If anyone else wants to attempt it I'll help in anyway I can.

Here's a picture of the exhaust rough welded together. Brother ran out of welding gas when he was working on it but we needed it together to go run it. Just gotta finish weld, smooth it all out and polish it up. It's all stainless 3".

P1180535.jpg

Well I am going to do this, Me and Speed(my dad) just picked this up today, Now I just need to find a heart to transplant it!!

1992 V Max 4 with 3600 miles.
CIMG1733.jpg

CIMG1729.jpg

CIMG1731.jpg

That is a beast! Awesome. I always like the old vmax-4 but with the 4-stroke turbo engine in it, it made a very hot sled.

What are you going to do about the wheelie problem? Longer track? Sweet looking sled. Love the go fast stuff!!!

Made some changes in the skid and got the front end staying down "better". May still need to roll the case back for some extra length. Here's a quick vid of me running a real strong viper and an 1108 cat, the cat wheelies out in this one. I ran him again later and squeezed him out by maybe a length. I've got it pulling down track real strong now but I need to get an MSD on it and start working the 60 ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ADCaA4GOQc

That is freekin' cool. You are a fabricator for sure. Nice job

Back