• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

weenie roast

JLR

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 apex mcx 290, 2018 sidewinder xtx se 137 precision stage 4, 2020 Sidewinder Srx
Anybody know if this is still on for next week I see they are getting some snow in that area today and tomm nothing left up here so looking for somewhere to possibly go.

Thanks

Still on at this point.

Anybody know if this is still on for next week I see they are getting some snow in that area today and tomm nothing left up here so looking for somewhere to possibly go.

Thanks

Trails are closed as far as I know.

Just found out the Weinee roast itself is on. Trails aren't. Anyone going to race or spectate?

Me and a friend pulled out, going to UP instead.

Me and a friend pulled out, going to UP instead.
Well I guess that's good and bad at the same time. Good that you should find some good snow (assuming you are going riding. ) Bad for the fact that I can't say hi. Lol . Got an invite tonight to hitch an early ride and go. So, thought I would see if any other TY members were going. Missed out in St. Germain a couple of weeks ago, I guess. Have fun!

Well have to make it next year I guess, hoping to get some riding in tomorrow because Sunday is going to get quite warm. Then we have a commitment in Greenland on Monday and head home. Looks like that will be the end of the season for me any way! Have fun and be safe!

Just got back. Great time! Never seen so many Yamaha's at a speed run before. Only 1 Sidewinder (participating), which was doing drags. A couple others spectating. A group of VMAX 4s in attendance. Love the nostalgia. A few Apexs, including 06 RTXs (1 supercharged) and newer. They did well. Also, a quick vintage and some crossbreed of an SX and SRX. Hung out with the boys who run the Hortonville speed run for awhile. Good guys, and hilarious to boot.
Was impressed with the top speed and sled that got it. 179 mph on Bikeman 1100 Suzuki turbo. Unreal. Can't imagine what the 998 has for potential. Hopefully, we'll see in the coming seasons.
Also, impressed with the shaved track and ability to run 2 sleds at a time. Enjoyed the light tree as well. Gave some added fun.

I was watching on Lakewoods web cam. I didn't see a lot of trailers on the lake or the sleds that I have seen a couple years ago. Where were they set up at? Were the Outlaws there?

Great event! I am the one with the crossbreed snowaddict. Posted a 94.94mph only the second time out with new engine. I will be back next year.

I was watching on Lakewoods web cam. I didn't see a lot of trailers on the lake or the sleds that I have seen a couple years ago. Where were they set up at? Were the Outlaws there?
This was my first time at the event itself. Trail rode in the area many times and stayed at lakewoods a couple. So, I really can't say on normal attendance. Since there were drags and speed runs, there were 2 separate areas and each had trailers spread out. I'm guessing there are usually more people, but considering the weather and the fact that trails were closed, it would be as expected. I saw at least one outlaw sled.
Great event! I am the one with the crossbreed snowaddict. Posted a 94.94mph only the second time out with new engine. I will be back next year.
Son of a ..... Wish I would've came over to shoot the breeze. Kinda why I originally posted on this thread, to see if any other TY guys would be there to bs with. We were parked a little ways away in first lane next to registration trailer. Your sled caught my eye from a distance. I used to have a couple SRXs. You ran well then. Great job! Hoping to go back again as well.

our group was there for the 3rd straight year! Even with the lack of snow still had a great time! We dragged race for over 50 miles-500 feet at a time! Ran my 2 sleds in the speed runs- 2006RTX (19600 miles) best speed 108.95, 2010RTX -108.17 the 06 has steel picks versus trail studs on the 10! Snowaddict I assume you were with Brian Stahl, it was great seeing you guys again! I may not run a hydro but I did do a little motorboating!!!

our group was there for the 3rd straight year! Even with the lack of snow still had a great time! We dragged race for over 50 miles-500 feet at a time! Ran my 2 sleds in the speed runs- 2006RTX (19600 miles) best speed 108.95, 2010RTX -108.17 the 06 has steel picks versus trail studs on the 10! Snowaddict I assume you were with Brian Stahl, it was great seeing you guys again! I may not run a hydro but I did do a little motorboating!!!
Congrats TG! Loved seeing the Apexs (expecially the '06 because I have one) work their magic. Yes, I'm Brian's brother (not the little, skinny guy, who gets the better speeds lol.) Enjoyed seeing you guys as well. The motor boating was impressive! My hydro and runabout ran pretty good during my racing career, but they got nuthin' on you! Was disappointed to hear you no longer have the V-max 4. Always loved hearing that turbo go down the track. Was a great first trip to the weenie roast. Hopefully, we'll be back again!

Back