• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are the real gains!!! ULMER stage 2

What kind of gains or losses was or were everyone else seeing with this kit : air box mod, power commander and ignition module, windage plates 108 studs ? Not that Allen isn't an honest guy (cause he's sucesfull in the sledding market for a reason ,but I hope it's not just because he's a nice guy !),but let's face it he's selling a product , and the point isn't to make sledding buddies, it's to line his pockets ! Now I want to here from the guy's who are ridding these kit's good or bad let's here it all ! hopefully more good cause I just put my money on his stuff but haven't had the chance to test it yet. Let me know where you seen gains through sled lenghts or dyno or radar! top end mid range or hole shot or nothing!!!

P.S. when they say 8 to 10 hp , rule of thumb take that number chop it in half and that's probably what they meant! :ORC

Allen is as honest as they come, if he says 8-10 hp, it is probably more like 8-12 HP.
I dont know if you know that Allen started working with the power commander in late 2005 when the F.I. sleds came out. He would not sell them (people were bugging him to buy his set up)....he would not sell them until he knew it was right.

There are zero negatives to report, that is a fact.

Allen low balls his numbers so people will get what they pay for. Meaning, they are probably higher than what he claims. I'm ordering what you have tommorrow.... I already ordered my Airbox mod from FIX, but the rest is coming from Ulmer.

That's exactly what kind of feedback I'm looking for ! but are either one of you guy's running this kit ? 8 -10hp is just a number I threw out there ,it's not a number that allen gave me! I'm talking mod companies in general ,you take that number chop it in half and sometimes chop again after that !

big black attack said:
That's exactly what kind of feedback I'm looking for ! but are either one of you guy's running this kit ? 8 -10hp is just a number I threw out there ,it's not a number that allen gave me! I'm talking mod companies in general ,you take that number chop it in half and sometimes chop again after that !

The problem with these claims is the fact that 8 hp is almost not noticable. People think they have 8 more horspower and they'll just be flying. The fact is, 8 hp on an Apex is like 1 sled length difference in a race. If you race an unmodified sled and he gets better traction than you, he'll still beat you. 8 HP won't make enough difference to make it up.

If you want real differnce....

:nos :nos :nos :nos :nos

I just ordered my clutch kit for my 07 phazer yesterday fro him and yeah i do have to agree it was good dealing with him, nice, answered all my questions and told me when i get it if i have any more to call and talk with him...as far as how theclutch works ill let you know when i get it ...it should be here next week (hopfully) all depending on how the new years goes for the delivery trucks

Gentlemen,

Allen is a great to deal with. But, clutching does not add a single solitary horsepower. All it does it change the way that horsepower gets transfered to the snow, hopefully more effectively for your desired end.

Shane

I would think it would add horsepower, look at it this way if your engine is producing 150 hp and you are transmitting 130 to the snow, you do some clutching changes and now your putting down 140 or 145 to the snow you have in a round about way increased you horsepower. IMO.

Real Review

I bought a bone stock 2006 Apex RTX this last summer with 500km on it. I ran it for 1000km bone stock.

The best I had done on the Radar gun stock was 96mph. Mind you it wasn't the greatest conditons, slushy, too much snow and no studs.

After 1000km I added the Ulmers Stealth Airbox and the NGK CR10EK plugs. The best I had on the gun was 103mph.

My next step was the Ulmers Stage 2 kit. I cleaned my clutches, and installed the kit. I was only revving 10,500rpm which is stock but as I read on here and am told by smarter guys than me (Allen & Turbo Jamie) you want to rev around 10,800rpm. With only revving 10,500 I ran a 109mph last weekend still without studs too.

For this weekend I bumped up my wrap from 70 degrees to 80 and I'll post my progress.

But as for the quality of Ulmers stuff and on his service.....second to non.
I'm super happy. I'd tell all my buddies if I didn't want to beat them so bad, which by the way I'm doing for the first time since we all rode 600.

I just did what you did, the difference is noticable. I would say 5-7 sleds at 500 feet and 5 more mph. Now this is how a 1000 should run.

Re: Real Review

RTX Rox said:
I bought a bone stock 2006 Apex RTX this last summer with 500km on it. I ran it for 1000km bone stock.

The best I had done on the Radar gun stock was 96mph. Mind you it wasn't the greatest conditons, slushy, too much snow and no studs.

After 1000km I added the Ulmers Stealth Airbox and the NGK CR10EK plugs. The best I had on the gun was 103mph.

My next step was the Ulmers Stage 2 kit. I cleaned my clutches, and installed the kit. I was only revving 10,500rpm which is stock but as I read on here and am told by smarter guys than me (Allen & Turbo Jamie) you want to rev around 10,800rpm. With only revving 10,500 I ran a 109mph last weekend still without studs too.

For this weekend I bumped up my wrap from 70 degrees to 80 and I'll post my progress.

But as for the quality of Ulmers stuff and on his service.....second to non.
I'm super happy. I'd tell all my buddies if I didn't want to beat them so bad, which by the way I'm doing for the first time since we all rode 600.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is "I bumped up my wrap from 70 degrees to 80" ? I am going from a T-cat to an 06 attak and yammie four stroke are a whole new world for me.

secondary spring the adding more or less twist - at least thats what I take from it

Attachments

• DSCF0019 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0019 (Medium).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCF0041 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0041 (Medium).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 291
Kevin Garceau said:
secondary spring the adding more or less twist - at least thats what I take from it

Oh so by doing this it will add or lower the rpm's Right?? So wrapping for 60 degrees to 80 degrees would raise the rpm's How Much??

clutching

BURMAD69 said:
I would think it would add horsepower, look at it this way if your engine is producing 150 hp and you are transmitting 130 to the snow, you do some clutching changes and now your putting down 140 or 145 to the snow you have in a round about way increased you horsepower. IMO.

Realistically, if you're engine is putting out 150, you're seeing closer to 75 at the snow.

Some will dissagree, but I don't think clutching should be done on a dyno or thought about in terms of horsepower. It doesn't always translate to what actually happens on the snow.

Back to the subject at hand....I don't think I've ever heard anthing bad about any of Ulmers stuff. His kits are said to be top notch.

Back