• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are the real gains!!! ULMER stage 2

i have installed ulmers kit on a friends sled and have drag & flys on mine, his kit is very good but you still need to tune for your riding stile and conditions that you ride the most. his kit is very good on trails as the profile of weights are much betterthan stock weights so you can shift up and down better with more response being lighter than stock weights which is much better for all around and smoother faster riding the stock weights hit to hard in the corners which lifts front in middle of turn not what you want. you won't gain much on top end over stock but the rideability and low & midrange improvement makes it worth it over allallens kit seems to lay the power down nice so you stay hooked-up and go the drag&fly set up i have at this time is very aggressive the way i have them set and even with 192 picks i either spin or i get to much hook up and ski lift so ulmers kit will still beat me in most conditions until i get the chassis set-up figuired out. i think you will like his kit for best overall performance over the largest range of condtions, we ran against turbo sleds in oldforge last year and only 2 sled lengths behind in 1000ft against 275h.p. sled nothing to sneeze at.

which would be more beneficial for low-mid range acceleration/response for aggresive style trail riding on 06 apex GT? I'm no lake racer, just like to have that quick hard corner to corner in the trails.

Ulmer Stage II clutch kit($390.00) or Ulmer airbox mod($150.00)?

mr. shide said:
which would be more beneficial for low-mid range acceleration/response for aggresive style trail riding on 06 apex GT? I'm no lake racer, just like to have that quick hard corner to corner in the trails.

Ulmer Stage II clutch kit($390.00) or Ulmer airbox mod($150.00)?

IMO - clutch kit will give you better corner to corner head snaping response than the airbox mod. I noticed better throttle response with the K&N kit over stock but then I added the clutching and wamo. ;)!

ok thanks for the info. i have had basic clutch kits on my previous sleds. but they would only cost around 190.00, not 390.00 haha gonna have to think about this one for a while.

i think that kit includes gears also, you need to gear down on top or up on the bottom to see the most improvement with the clutching for what you'relooking for. ulmers kit will work well for what you want and may even add some to the top end.

I bought mine with the kit already installed it's very responsive works really well, the sled puts 800etec's to shame. I'm sure its the clutch and crankshaft lots of pep and response. Looking into the airbox mod and power comander V next. A little leery of the pcv though.

Murse said:
I bought mine with the kit already installed it's very responsive works really well, the sled puts 800etec's to shame. I'm sure its the clutch and crankshaft lots of pep and response. Looking into the airbox mod and power comander V next. A little leery of the pcv though.

What kind of sled you have?

Back