• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you like best about your Vector?

AKrider

TY 4 Stroke God
I started off my riding career on Polaris and about 9 years later switched to Ski-doo. I rode Doo for 10 years and now I bought my left over Vector. I truely like the sled and for me the engine is probably what I like the most. Funny thing is, the whole 4-stroke thing was what I was most concerned about when contempating switching over. Anyone else experience this?

The 3 cyl Yamahas are very underrated as the Apex seems to get all the attention. Anyway, just wondering what others thought? Ever since last spring I pondered and pondered over what sled to buy; and while I considered REV's and the Fusion 600, I have not yet once regretted my decision to buy the Vector. :rocks: I personally think all sleds will be 4-strokes within the next 5-10 years. What do you think?

rockrider said:
I started off my riding career on Polaris and about 9 years later switched to Ski-doo. I rode Doo for 10 years and now I bought my left over Vector. I truely like the sled and for me the engine is probably what I like the most. Funny thing is, the whole 4-stroke thing was what I was most concerned about when contempating switching over. Anyone else experience this?

The 3 cyl Yamahas are very underrated as the Apex seems to get all the attention. Anyway, just wondering what others thought? Ever since last spring I pondered and pondered over what sled to buy; and while I considered REV's and the Fusion 600, I have not yet once regretted my decision to buy the Vector. :rocks: I personally think all sleds will be 4-strokes within the next 5-10 years. What do you think?

I think Cat and Polaris will have a few lower level 4 strokes, but not SkiDoo. I don't think those companies have the resources to engineer a 4 stroke engine that would be suitable and competitive in a snowmobile and that some variation of direct injection will be the way the others will go. We'll get a better idea when we see what Cat and Polaris do relative to the new EPA regulations applicable to the 2007 model-year.

It defintiely has to be the silk smooth power delivery of the 4 stroke engine. I could really care less about the gas mileage. Even if it only got 10 mpg and gas cost $5 a gallon I would still be riding one. Gotta luv that motor... :4STroke:

1. The motor - silky smooth, quiet and great gas mileage

2. Motor compartment layout - getting all that "stuff" to fit so cleanly - an engineering marvel!

I think Cat and Polaris will have a few lower level 4 strokes, but not SkiDoo. I don't think those companies have the resources to engineer a 4 stroke engine that would be suitable and competitive in a snowmobile and that some variation of direct injection will be the way the others will go. We'll get a better idea when we see what Cat and Polaris do relative to the new EPA regulations applicable to the 2007 model-year.[/quote]

Don't be so sure on that 8)

i think cat will follow in yamahas footsteps. They would be stupid not to since they have access to suzuki motors. I mean they could make gixxer powered sleds. WE know cat can make a light sled however it is gonna be really hard to beat yamaha. They will own the market someday once again. The apex is truely the sled that is gonna send yamaha on there way. I have to vector and it amazes me everytime i ride it. It absolute rips. I love it. 4 stroke all the way.

I broke in both the my Apex GT and my wifes Vector GT. The big difference is the hp between the two. I enjoy riding both very much! I think the Vector is neat because it is more quiet than the Apex. The Vector is very refined and so is the Apex. The only reason I would give the Apex the nod is because it has more power and the riding position is more comfortable for me but not for my wife.

rockrider said:

You sound almost like me. Started off on a Kawasaki to a Ski Doo and then to a Polaris and back to a Ski Doo and now on to a Yamaha Vector. I to worried about the reliability and maintenance of a 4 stroke machine. I have now got over that worry but am now am concerned more about the rear suspension. Not that I do not think the mono is any good but rather about potential problems with track howl and idler whell detroriation. On my last Ski Doo the idlers lasted for over 10,000 miles without even a blown bearing and only changed the sliders once and they were not even worn out. That is the type of performance I expect from a machine in todays market. I guess I didn't do all my homework however as I understand they only last short distances and you can't even change bearings in the idlers unless you upgrade. Oh well maybe I'll be lucky as I like the rest of the machine and the engine is a dream come true.

Engine smoothness, torque, sound, ride, handling, fuel economy, lack of smoke and oil, reliability and of course the maaaaaaajor coolness factor!

Tfin said:
Engine smoothness, torque, sound, ride, handling, fuel economy, lack of smoke and oil, reliability and of course the maaaaaaajor coolness factor!

"DITTO" Plus I love the color of mine..........MM. ;)!

Back