• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What would be the result?

5valve

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro, IQR, Redline’s, trailing-arm Polaris’s
....if you added a GOOD octane booster to this fuel...?
4568c17f8942fa7760210d259978d057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gas is already at 100 octane. Higher octane helps reduce pre-detonation. What mods do you have on your motor? Turbo or SuperCharger Boost PSI? Any additional squish on the heads? Stock Nytros are designed to run at 87 octane and run best on this and typically 87 is fresher gas ( station tanks turn over more frequently) for auto and sled consumption.

It's a Factory Yamaha Hillclimb Racer. Untouched since Yamaha released it. Came with racing fuel in it. Rob Powers said to leave it alone...just keep using racing fuel. Who knows what's been done internally....but it's wicked

After further investigation I found out that the racing fuel was present due to the fact Yamaha only keeps racing fuel at the shop. The sled does not need racing fuel to run properly. As are matter-of-fact performance was suffering due to the racing fuel. I put 93 octane in the sled and the performance was much, much better. Dodged a bullet with this one!

Back