• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats it take to beat a 1200?

I love how apexs are underestimated....hard surfaces, they are FAST!! A historically significant sled. A few years back they won the old forge shootout....in not so favorable conditions for heavy sleds....

Put the Ripsaw II on it, you will not regret it. They should have renamed it because most people have negative thoughts on the standard Ripsaw. It is night and day better than the old one. It even looks slightly taller than the 1.25" they list it as.
Agreed. put a 2 on last winter....much better than the 1....

Even at the same hp, after 400 or 500 ft the apex will be faster because it s a 4 cylinders at over 10400 RPm better engine configuration compare to the 1200, just remember 12 years ago when You compare à triple triple SRX to any twin, after 1/8 of a mile it was all triple!

Find yourself a used yamacharger. Should be able to get one in the $1000 range or so. Fairly easy install. Should give you that extra edge you need.

I was able to constantly beat my buddies 1200 when he had the short track. That was his excuse. He then added a longer track and I could still beat him. Out of the hole to top end.
My 2011 Apex is totally stock except for fine tuning on the clutches by myself.
The 2011 Apex is somewhat faster than the older Apex.
The 1200 is a very nice sled and quite quick.

I beat my buddy's when I had my Nitro, his is a 2009 not sure if there faster now. Both were bone stock btw. In short all you need is a Nitro. Lol

I was able to constantly beat my buddies 1200 when he had the short track. That was his excuse. He then added a longer track and I could still beat him. Out of the hole to top end.
My 2011 Apex is totally stock except for fine tuning on the clutches by myself.
The 2011 Apex is somewhat faster than the older Apex.
The 1200 is a very nice sled and quite quick.
How much faster is the 11 and up Apex? What did your buddy have done to his 1200?

I beat my buddy's when I had my Nitro, his is a 2009 not sure if there faster now. Both were bone stock btw. In short all you need is a Nitro. Lol
Problem is my buddys sled is not stock. It has a header and reflash. So no, I don't think a Nytro will do the trick.

HAAAA I"ll run him all day with a old 03 RX1-non turbo...........and beat a 1200.....

Even at the same hp, after 400 or 500 ft the apex will be faster because it s a 4 cylinders at over 10400 RPm better engine configuration compare to the 1200, just remember 12 years ago when You compare à triple triple SRX to any twin, after 1/8 of a mile it was all triple!
Just a FYI on the 10,400 rpm in a apex...... the clutch"s only spin 8500 with gear reduction, This is one of the reasons the apex feels good and has torque.

I have a 136 Apex and buddy has a 1200 Renegade.....I can smoke him....Doo motor is very nice though.

Back