• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the point with all the add ons ?????

With the lack of snowfall here in the northeast lately I may have to turn my attention to buying a wave runner instead of any upgrades on my sled,our winter started out good but just recently our weather has taken a turn for the worst and does not look any better within the next week.Conditions have deteriorated rather quick and has become very depressing.I love sledding over all other motorized sports but now mother nature is being a real bitch to us here.Old man winter needs to teach her a lesson and bring my passion back.

When we had 50hp sleds we had to make them have 60. When we had 100, then they had to be modified to make 120. We used to tow those sleds with 140hp trucks. Now we tow with 400hp. Why do you need 400hp to tow a sled? You don't. But you can and you will!
...Or a smarty for a cummins. Why Not??LOL. Push buttons, wait 5 minutes, 850 ft.lbs....the only one who doesn't like mods is Mr. Stock Clutch...hehehe

With the lack of snowfall here in the northeast lately I may have to turn my attention to buying a wave runner instead of any upgrades on my sled,our winter started out good but just recently our weather has taken a turn for the worst and does not look any better within the next week.Conditions have deteriorated rather quick and has become very depressing.I love sledding over all other motorized sports but now mother nature is being a real bitch to us here.Old man winter needs to teach her a lesson and bring my passion back.
It's coming....Big Joe Bastardi of weather-bell.com says so. And after today, (The Trumpster) he is a hero, as climate change is historical, not super computer baloney fed driven carbon credit algore manbearpig....history shows patterns, and sometimes it gets pretty warm.

I have taken notice on many of the Sidewinder forums of riders spending a fortune on a sled and then adding a boatload of power upgrades. Why ? Is it a ego trip for those to attain bragging rights during their 5 minutes of fame during their show and tell session ?.I do not understand the reason to have to power up on a sled that's already perfectly tuned and makes a lot of power right out of the box.Let's face the truth ,I like power as well but came to my own sense of reasoning for the most part all that extra add on power never really gets used when riding to try and stay in control without damaging your sled or someone else.Would it make more sense possible!y to purchase a stock VIPER FOR HALF THE COST AND THEN BUILD TO SUIT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH HUNGER YOUR DESIRE IS ??.Basically a stock Sidewinder has all those bells and whistles,adding to much power add ons makes the machine not trail worthy and less reliable. So what's the point. ????

Some people have more money then they need! So they spend it on toys! I once bought a 4x4 lifted it, put 40 inch tires on it, headers, intake, carb, heads, cam, ignition, etc and man it was fun, course I broke it all over the place but it was fun. I once built a liquid cooled overclocked computer just for fun. Cooked a CPU on one overclock put in new CPU and better cooling system. Was great to brag how fast it was but in the end the next one I built was air cooled and not overclocked. Surfed the web and played games same, same!

If you add power you increase risk of breakage. Guess its what you can live with. Most who bought the high performance sled want to go fast and win! Hence Yamacharger superchargers and turbos on Apexes! So I'd say money to burn and sleds to beat is the answer to your question. And then there is those who are happy with it as it came from the Factory and concentrate on ride and handling only. Each to their own.

Because it's easier to clear whoops when you go faster.

SLP skis,Shaper bar carbides for handling,rear wheel kit to save slides,a little suspension adjustment,normal maintenance, and run it till the the dust settles.

I love modding my junk, gives me something 2 do. For me it's a form of artwork/personal expression. Besides I want NO CHANCE of being caught by the DNR! I don't stop 4 those clowns ;)

All fun ..but for me ..its who lets off first at the first turn.. is the loser....buying HP for the trail.... no interest....when we raced professionally..my favourite trail sleds were the 250 and 300

Sure.....once I get say 500k on my normal srviper....I'll spend a lot of time..getting HP to the track..and making it steer well..

Nothing wrong with my 99 flickable Phazer....just wanted to learn about 4/ and long tracks..

Back