• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats with all the stuck starters lately.

Sled Dog said:
That would shut the engine off but if the starter relay is stuck it would still crank over but not start.

So basically the light is a warning to get ur rear end back to the trailer fast!

But is there any way to save ur starter aside from disconnecting the battery?

The light warns you to not even take off if at home or on the trail to shut off the engine and if it is still cranking over yes pull the negative off your battery asap.

when I was installing my stater saver I had accidentaly touched both connections of the starter selanoid with a screw driver and the sled started turning over. I basicly bypassed the relay.

I then pushed down the kill switch and was not able re create the starter turning over with the screwdriver over the 2 connections. could it be just different wiering in the phazer?

Good to know that the kill switch overides the starter relay that should be all a person has to do then to save your starter.

Put the Starter Saver in my Attak today. Installed it beside the gauge cluster. Added some disconnects for easier removal of the headlight pod.

After ready some posts here, I think a quick disconnect for the battery would be a good idea. Extend the cables out from the battery and have these accessible from the right near side the oil tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2416 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2416 (Medium).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2419 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2419 (Medium).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Conector.jpg
    Conector.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 1,447
I was thinking the same thing and that would eliminate any chance of damage to your starter. You would only have to do the negative main ground.

A quote from the instructions (for those that didn't bother to read them):
IMMEDIATE CORRECTIVE ACTION: (assuming proper installation)
IMMEDIATELY shut-off your sled & see if Starter Saver Warning light shuts off.
If it does NOT shut-off, try wiggling the key switch.
Try to start the sled again even though it is currently stuck trying to start,
This may loosen the stuck relay.
If this does not fix it, try kicking your sled in the vicinity of your start relay, and/or tapping relay with a screwdriver etc.
If this does not shut it off, you need to dis-connect your starter or battery immediately.
(You are basically working to get a stuck start relay to release, or to disconnect the power.)
You MUST take corrective action immediately to prevent and/or limit damage to your sled.
Locate & repair any starter sticking cause, they will only get worse & cause major damage if not corrected.

Crewchief47 said:
A quote from the instructions (for those that didn't bother to read them):
IMMEDIATE CORRECTIVE ACTION: (assuming proper installation)
IMMEDIATELY shut-off your sled & see if Starter Saver Warning light shuts off.
If it does NOT shut-off, try wiggling the key switch.
Try to start the sled again even though it is currently stuck trying to start,
This may loosen the stuck relay.
If this does not fix it, try kicking your sled in the vicinity of your start relay, and/or tapping relay with a screwdriver etc.
If this does not shut it off, you need to dis-connect your starter or battery immediately.
(You are basically working to get a stuck start relay to release, or to disconnect the power.)
You MUST take corrective action immediately to prevent and/or limit damage to your sled.
Locate & repair any starter sticking cause, they will only get worse & cause major damage if not corrected.

I don't have a starter saver/ starter warning light yet Ian so I have never seen these instructions. So thank you for sharing!

Super Sled said:
steiner said:
Ok Rock. Here's a new product that you can build for us, a quick disconnect battery system.

Rock is a genius inventor. He'd build an excellent system with great components.

;-)

Yes he is. Thats why I think he can come up with an easy disconnect system it will help with the stuck starter situation and a great and easy way to save the battery for summer storage. ;)!

Back