• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to tap in for boost gauge?

Installing my AEM boost gauge and wondering if it's best to tap into a line before or after the throttle bodies?

The line on the intake airbox is easy to get to, but there looks to be a vacuum line behind the throttle bodies that's connected to a fuel pressure regulator. Is that the better place to tap in?

Thanks
So your gauge is mechanical and not fully electric?

Nope, AEM boost gauge, the electric sensor that reads boost/vacuum was bad.
So nope was for gauge is 100% electric,nothing mechanical needed to be hooked up? I am asking because the failsafe gauge from Evolution is all electrip but does have a lead for A/F that needs to be hooked into the muffler port,but it sounded like there is no tie into any vacume line for boost. So I hoping it was reading all the boost from the ECU and not off a boost line on sled,and it is also a AEM dule gauge.

Ok, sensor works for both negative and positive pressure (used my mouth). Can feel vacuum is pulling from line where I tapped in. I'm stumped.

View attachment 122828
Yes,this tapping into a line was what I was hoping I would not have to do on that AEM failsafe gauge they EVO sells.

Hey snowbeast - sorry for not being more clear. I got the AEM boost gauge, 100% electronic, except that it does need to tie into the vacuum line and that tee runs to a provided electric sensor that the gauge reads. This way you're not having to disconnect a physical vacuum line every time you remove the hood. I'm not sure about the AEM failsafe but I believe it has to tee into the same vacuum line to read boost, it's not doing it off the ECU. Maybe someone who has the Failsafe will chime in, I went with a separate AEM air-fuel gauge vs the Failsafe.

I have the AEM failsafe dual gauge (AFR/Boost) on my apex it hooks into vacuum line

Hey snowbeast - sorry for not being more clear. I got the AEM boost gauge, 100% electronic, except that it does need to tie into the vacuum line and that tee runs to a provided electric sensor that the gauge reads. This way you're not having to disconnect a physical vacuum line every time you remove the hood. I'm not sure about the AEM failsafe but I believe it has to tee into the same vacuum line to read boost, it's not doing it off the ECU. Maybe someone who has the Failsafe will chime in, I went with a separate AEM air-fuel gauge vs the Failsafe.
Thanks for the cleraty bro,as I was reading EVO. write up about it,it sounded like there was no mechanical hook up,and no need of a tee,but that's ok.

Hey SJ, I did. It's the line that ties all 3 throttle bodies' pressure together and then routes to the fuel pressure regulator. I did like Mr Sled said and ran it with the brake a little and it made 4 psi and then when I let off hit 12" vacuum, so all seems good. I just thought there would be a lot more vacuum at idle, thus me thinking something was wrong.
Hi beerman,i spoke to EVO today about there failsafe AEM gauge,you were correct,eventhough it is electric it still uses vacume from a boost line just like you showed. Thanks What gauge holder did you use to hold your gauge on,was it a single pod,and where did you mount it? And route tube to back of gauge,mine will have a cable for A/F to plug into muffler.

I have the AEM failsafe dual gauge (AFR/Boost) on my apex it hooks into vacuum line
Thanks,ya I called EVO today and he sort of exsplained it to me. How did you route things to muffler and power?

I tapped into the power for the hids

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

I have an apex they replaced the stock headlights

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

Back