• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which header

ishpeming fan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 ZR RR 8000
Im considering putting a new header on my 2014 viper. MBRP, SLP,EVO,Ulmer. any feed back from someone who has tried any of these headers and any gaines you had in performance . Im running a MBRP trail can as well but I wouldnt be opposed to running a complete exhaust setup either if any of you guys had great results from a complete package set up.

Don't forget about the Hindle header...great product. In fact, Hurricanes entire kit has a full Hindle system that includes an airbox mod and mapped PC5 for $1049 US. 17 HP.

Last edited:
SPI (Straightline Performance Inc.) header here. Only issue is the gasket that comes with the kit. Mine blew out in the first 400 miles and I retorqued the head bolts after EVERY ride for the first 300.

I have the Ulmer header (same as SPI), I did feel more power through the butt dyno, and my turbo spools a lot faster as well. I agree with tapex_07 ditch the gaskets that come with it they have a be re tightened after EVERY ride(like he said for the first 300 miles). After about 1000 miles on it I can still go out after each ride and tighten each bolt 1/16th-1/8th of a turn. This summer I will be swapping them out for stock gaskets. Over all awesome product, well worth the money.

thanks for all your input fellow TY members, I have just ordered the venom header from Ulmer racing for sale 399.00 Alan says around 5 hp with header. should work well with my ulmer clutch kit and mbrp trail can. So you guys are saying a stock yamaha gasket should be used with header install? thanks again

thanks for all your input fellow TY members, I have just ordered the venom header from Ulmer racing for sale 399.00 Alan says around 5 hp with header. should work well with my ulmer clutch kit and mbrp trail can. So you guys are saying a stock yamaha gasket should be used with header install? thanks again
Correct, at least between the Head and header.

Yes factory gasket. I put the thick gasket on when I purchased the header. Blew it out first ride.

Yes factory gasket. I put the thick gasket on when I purchased the header. Blew it out first ride.
Just got my ulmer header today and it came with the factory gasket and can gasket with genuine yamaha part numbers and packaging. It figures seeing as I just ordered a yamaha gasket on line 2 days ago! LOL same exact part numbers

Last edited:

Back