• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who has input on Nytro Trail turbo kits...

snowmaaan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder, Viper XTX Turbo, Apex SE, Vmax 4, SRX 700
Who has the best turbo kit for the Nytro...trail kit please! I am looking at both PUSH, MPI and Ulmer. Would like the good, bad and the ugly!

Ulmer from what I understand does not have his anymore, but is installing the mpi kit, and mcx from what I understand. Mpi and push are very similar, almost look really alike IMO. Either way push has great service from what I hear, but runs a Chinese turbo. Mpi on the other hand from what I hear is running a Mitsubishi unit. Push sells a quiet kit for extra money. The only bad news I have ever heard on push is their original mounting bracket wasn't the best. If you want to convert a mpi turbo kit from their mountain kit you can do that for a deal right now off ebay. Crazy how cheap some of these dealers are dropping mountain kits.

JP270NYTRO said:
Ill tell you the mcx 240 kit is amazing tons of power with awsome reliability and still run pump gas.

X2 on the MCX 270 kit. More then an average person can handle on trails.

Finally my 2009 XTX pulls like my old Apex did, and better! I've got over 1,600 miles on it so far since adding the supercharger, all on Tug Hill, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! Zero issues after initial setup - seriously, as trailable as stock and she really screams when you want it. Here's a video of me racing my buddy on his 2012 800 E-Tec MXZ-X. Of course, after the 1st pass he was whining that he couldn't hook up even though we were the 1st sleds running on a trail that was groomed the night before! So we ran a second time - you be the judge! The XTX hooks up so well it looks like I'm jumping the start bad, but if you look close you see that I wait 'til he moves before I take off, and then I just run away from him on only 4.5 pounds and pump gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRjmtYlsTs

I have been very happy with my snow check MPI turbo - if you buy a kit off the internet make sure to call MPI and check to see when the kit was sent out and get the update done to the oil pump if needed. Some guys (me included) had issues with moisture getting into the pump - they rebuilt it and put a cover on it to prevent it from happening again.

Whichever kit you put on - at a minimum get a boost gauge to make sure you are getting all the psi you paid for.

tk

I built my own turbo for my nytro but its loosly based off of an MPI/Push turbo. I ride both here in the Midwest and also out West.

I run 8 pounds here and out west on Pump Gas and this is truly a turn the key and ride sled. You will be amazed at how simple stuipd these things are to set-up. Took me all of 10 mins to dial the fuel and clutching in the first time.

I couldnt imagine anything more then 8 pounds for around here unless you do alot of lake running or drag racing.

If you want to meet up and throw a leg over her PM and we can meet up.

Mike

MCXpress - You Get What You Pay For

My opinion is that you get what you pay for............

MCXpress Kit is my choice. Call my buddy Mark at 406-782-4225. He is the USA Distributor. Hands down knows his stuff and is GREAT at troubleshooting issues over the phone if you need it. Out here in the west, MCXpress is king of reliability.

PM me if you want more details on his dealership. Great place.

Back