• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why buying a viper was one of the worst decisions I've ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 RTX LE- Hurricane Turbo
I've thaught about posting my issues for some time now but didn't want to ruffle any feathers but I've had enough and feel like sharing my yamaha experience.

My experience started off great, I snow checked a 2015 rtx let and got the hurricane turbo. The dealership I snowchecked this with guaranteed me the full 3 year warrantee with the turbo installation if he did the work himself. So I said sure do it up that sounds awsome, I also purchased the clutch kit and a cover from him at that time.
First year goes by I had issues with the clutching as it would not rev up proper. My dealer said I was to fussy (max rpm was 8200-8400 max) but after giving up on the dealer I contacted dave over at hurricane and he helped me. Out and I solved the issue on my own. The after that year I noticed the tunnel was starting to crack up near where the front cartage bolts go in. The dealer told me not to worry and it could be fixed anytime within my 3 year warrantee so I let it go as it was not that bad.

Fast forward to season 2. Things started off ok and the sled was running good thanks to help from dave. I sent my clutches in for machining and installed a racewerx front bumper and I was really happy. Sled was running real good I was happy till about the first week of March. So here's where it gets interesting.

Those cracks I noticed in the tunnel got worse the one side was getting kinda bad. But one day I was out riding with my buddies and I made the stupid mistake of trading sleds a d my buddy hit a tree. Bent the a arms broke part of the hood, my handguards, boost and AFM guage and the throttle. Cable. Is stuck so the sled cannot be started. Such is life #*$&@ happens glad he was ok. It's insured so the insurance company said the estimate is 6200$ damage and they will. Fix it. OK not the end of the world this is my fault always, winter is almost over. So I dropped it off at the dealer March 4th or 5th to get it fixed and to get the tunnel repaired under warrantee as well.

All is good so I think and I talk to the owner of the dealership and he says it's going to take some time. To get the tunnel fixed but it was ok Becuase the season was over. I just asked if it was going to sit outside for a long time to do something with it as I don't want it getting Rained on (it is covered by my yamaha cover) he said he would put it in the shed. OK even better. He also told. Me it will. Take a while. Buy don't worry yamaha is covering the tunnel. It will just take some. Time. By this time. It. Was may and I let it go saying ya I don't need it anyways, just let me know when it is done.

I then called back in July for a update. I was told yamaha has rejected the warnatee work and my warnatee is void because I have a "unsactioned turbo" installed. In my mind I'm like how can this be I have a bill of sale stating otherwise. The dealership then said don't worry well try and take care of this. I said ok keep me. Posted.

Fast forewared to August, I call back asking to what's going on, same answer it's not covered. Even tho the owner told me it would be covered it didn't matter, at this time. The owner is no where to o be found and is away on a so called leave. I've tried calling looking for the owner over 50 times. Same response he is away. (probably avoiding me). Now it's September and I want my sled back! They tell me nothing is settled so I start contacting yamaha Canada. They tell me there is nothing they will do and my issue is with the dealer because every dealer is independently owned. OK so what do I do about the warnatee? They said my dealer should of never installed the turbo. In my defence I didn't. Know this turbo was "unsactioned" the owner recommended it. And I have a bill. Of sale. Not good enough. Do I tty and I try to get somewhere with them. But no they will not help. Me. And this went on into October - early November.

The I got a call saying yamaha will pay for half the tunnel cost and half the labor but it's not warrantee work. Still chocked this is happening I thaught aboyt it for a couple weeks and eventually said fine, #*$&@ it I'll pay half and worry aboyt getting my money bavk later.

The owner still isn't around and his useless receptionist keeps telling me she has to get it in the shop. To look. At it to order parts. But they wouldn'tdo that till they were done winterizing boats and it would be a while. It should get in the middle of October. OK fin whatever let me know what it will cost and we'll go from there. Middle. Of October rolls around no call. So I call. Them. Loan and behold the owner is there is roughly the beginning of November now. He says ya I'll order the parts today for you. OK well wtf! A little earlier I had learned that my sled has been sitting outside in a puddle of water all summer not covered up, who knows what kind of damage is done to it. Now I'm pissed! I bring it up to the owner and he says quit bring up the past, like. Wtf! Also the excuse for the warnatee work not getting done was "I was 99.9% sure it be covered but it's not I'm sorry" like #*$&@ me! Useless. So he made me send him a letter saying if pay for the repairs because let's face it winter was coning! He told. Me. 3-4 weeks I'd have it back.

Now it gets worse the tunnel. Is on bavk order and they still don't have the parts from. The accident. Can you Beleive it? I just received a email saying I will not have it bavk till after new years and my Christmas trip is ruined because I don't have a sled to o ride. I get 2 weeks holiday a year and one week is. Now ruined, and all. I get out of them is I'm. Sorry it's not my fault. Ike wtf who's fault is it.

So hear I am paying for a sled I can't use. I had to insure it again. Still don't have it and it's gonna cost me. Over 2 grand to get it back. All because my dealer lied to me and was jerking me. Around. We now have snow and I can't ride.

So ya, I will never buy any other yamaha ever again. No one will. Help me and I feel as tho they think I'm. A. Idiot.

I tried sending a letter to head office in Japan but no response.

So beware yamaha will #*$&@ you over every chance they get and they do not care about your business!

I so forgot to say a bolt fell out of the slider rail and fucked that up to so I'll also had to pay to get that back. I've probably forgot some details but this is the jist of my story

You've obviously had a terrible experience and I understand why you are upset about it. But honestly Yamaha didn't screw you over your dealer did. What dealer was it?

You've obviously had a terrible experience and I understand why you are upset about it. But honestly Yamaha didn't screw you over your dealer did. What dealer was it?

Ditto. Couple that with some bad luck and a buddy who ran your sled up a tree and you've got the makings of a bad day. Have you considered legal action to give this guy a kick in the tail?

Ya it is most the dealer but it doesn't help that yamaha Canada doesn't want to do anything all they say is this issue is between you and the dealer. They just don't seem to care, I'd just like some help.

I do like the sled but this experience is just way to stressful.

The dealer is powerhouse sports in lac du bonnet Manitoba- 5 star dealer my #*$&@

I've talked to a couple of lawyers and we'll I was supposed to have this bavk by now, the issue is the tunnel. Is back ordered. So there waiting for it. So my plan was to go to small Claims court once I got it bavk cause the lawyers said I have a excellent case because my bilk of sale is a contract. So I was just going to pay and do that. In hind sight I should of just told the lawyer to deal with it. The bigger thing is its been sitting g outside since March... Wonder what damage it has. It does have my cover on it it rained a lot here this Summer.

Ya the accident happened is what is, it's mostly cosmetic from what I could tell, least he didn't get badly hurt. Either way I should still have it back by now. If I get it bavk in January that's 10 months

I dunno what to do anymore the tunnel. Is supposed to arrive around the 23rd of this month and they should have just about l the other parts so hopefully get it bavk second week of January. Just hope it's not a rusted peice of junk when I get it

Yamaha had no reason to even ask about a turbo with your damage. Nothing is Turbo related at all unless engine goes. Feel free to send them pics of my tunnel and the cross shaft which my dealer did get covered under warranty. There were many others and they know it. If you still need a tunnel I may be able to get you a white one. PM me. This sucks. Hope when this is over that dealer makes it right somehow or get a different dealer. Sorry for your troubles and wish you luck.

Ya I know it's not turbo related. They didn't even care. It sucks how yamaha has a double standard or so it seems. There is absolutely 100% nothing wrong with the engine. Obviously there's a little front end damage from the accident, the tunnel and a slider rail.

I'd love to take you up on the tunnel. But there supposed to get he Tunnel soon as I said. There making me. Pay or half so Im getting a black on so it will hide the dirt, I'm just more worried about damages due to it sitting outside and actually just getting it back. I just don't understand how people will guarantee you things and I even have it on paper and I got some other proof and this happens.

I know I'm. Not the only one to have a tunnel issue, I just don't feel I should have to pay for half the repairs and wait ten months to get it back. Also what about my last year of warrantee, as of now I lost that.

I talked to a supervisor of customer service for yamaha Canada and he said if I got a mpi turbo it would of been covered.....

I'd love to know how your dealer did that he sounds like a awsome guy.. I thaught my dealer was good to.. Just got fed lies to make a sale.. I do love the sled but I bought a yamaha to get away from the stress of blowing motors and having issues, I'm not going to lie if I stayed with bombardier when I had problems they took care of me.

I'm a loyal yamaha guy tho as I have yamaha quad, a rx1, my dad has a apex and a boat. What do you got to do to just be heard....

Im scares to ruffle any feathers now because if I do the dealer may screw me and I'm afraid I'll lose the whole season

He just took pictures and when shown there was no other damage to suspension it was covered in one phone call. I think the stupid rail damage you had is what may have ruined your chances.

I had no color choice offered also and I did ask for black. So at least you will be getting a upgrade tunnel wise. Hope it all goes quickly.

Sounds like a bad dealer, not about Yamaha head office. If you keep busting yamaha head offices balls, maybe they will help you out? If they cant prove the turbo caused the tunnel to fail, your warranty should still be valid.

Yes and a ogled out bolt hole in rail shouldn't matter either as long as nothing is bent on the front arm. You have the bigger crosshaft I guess tunnel is the next weak spot with rr skid.

Sounds like you have a bad dealer. Maybe a better dealer would have started ordering the parts the day you brought the sled in thus preventing the major delay.
The Viper is a fine sled and you need to pick that sled up and find a good dealer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back