• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WI to UP 4 day backpack ride looking for 1 more rider

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Goal is to leave trucks in Pembine,WI and head North on sleds. Will be leaving 310 Park and ride here in Manitowoc 6am fri morning. Have one spot open in 2 place trailer. We have 3 going right now. Two trucks. Various speed riders so anyone is welcome but we will be putting on lots of mi starting 6am everyday and heading back to trucks Monday morning. Locating a Hotel by 1pm and then touring areas around hotels. Yes winging it so if not willing to sleep on floor or next to a snoring guy(me) stay home. 16 137 Axis,MtCoolers 7000 and my Viper. We split gas and hotel bills. Guaranteed adventure for cheap! We do not leave anyone ever but if you break down its your responsibility to either wait at nearest hotel or meet us at next stop or get back to truck and wait for us to finish ride. Who is in?

Last edited:

If I was laid off for the winter like last year, I would jump on this opportunity in a heartbeat, maybe next year:(

Steve,
So wish I saw this sooner. I would have been all over it. I NEED to ride. If you ever need another rider, let me know a little in advance and Ill be there. Have fun and be safe.

Thanks guys there will be more adventures! All loaded up and ready to go in morning. Using Cat as a spare. Damn thing had to be pull started when Bendix stuck. New starter! Yamaha 1 Cat 0 is the score this year so far! Everyone keeps texting me with pics of all the snow they are getting. Bet I don't sleep at all tonight! Stay safe and Happy New Year!
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG

So jealous. Have one more Christmas this weekend than it's time to hit it hard. Have fun on whatever you backpack it on.

Sounds fun! Have a safe trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to head out now. Winter has definitely arrived in UP. They have been getting slammed! Will be safe and make the whole 4 days a vacation not a mission. Wish you all could join me. Will update this thread when given opportunity and will be on my Facebook page during ride. Not always service up there. Ride,Ride,Ride!

Did you ever find a fourth???

Hit those trails early... lots of sleds and bumps after 10am...

2 groomers down on 3 south of Houghton... trails are trashed from twin lakes to the blue bridge... I overheard that they have 4 total groomers for the county... 2 north of the bridge and 2 south... they were sending one from up top to cover the trails south of the blue bridge... might be a crap shoot in the Keneewan?!?!

Have fun and be safe out there!!! It's a ZOO up here...
Happy New Year

Did you ever find a fourth???

Hit those trails early... lots of sleds and bumps after 10am...

2 groomers down on 3 south of Houghton... trails are trashed from twin lakes to the blue bridge... I overheard that they have 4 total groomers for the county... 2 north of the bridge and 2 south... they were sending one from up top to cover the trails south of the blue bridge... might be a crap shoot in the Keneewan?!?!

Have fun and be safe out there!!! It's a ZOO up here...
Happy New Year
Nope just 3.

Trails Gwinn east west and north are awesome! Heading back today though. Wish us luck. Having a great time!

Attachments

• IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 187

Back