• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WI to UP 4 day backpack ride looking for 1 more rider

IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
Great people of Muni that pulled out all the stops to help me fix my broken sled at 8pm on New Year's Eve! Munising Motorsports Sam and Cristine at Borders Inn(comfort) I cannot express how wonderful they are! THANK YOU! You two.

All the stories and memories. Priceless!
That's really what snowmobiling is all about. Heading back to Pembine now from Muni. I am sure there will be more made today! Stay safe and make some of your own.

Steve

What broke?
The shaft the front arm attaches to rails. I cant really explain it but both sides the bolts were out with right side bolt was still in rail and threads in shaft completely gone. I must have over torqued them is only thing I can think think of. Made a Hell of a noise and stopped on hill just as you go on 419. Lucky. The Center shock is a new Axis that I should have taken time to setup right but being first real ride on trails I kept riding. Second day I did set it up nice was working perfect and was not having to lift at all for anything. It broke on way to supper. Were going the long way! Usually it seems when I get suspension perfect I go faster and then find out what is next weak point. Anyway Muni dealer had shaft and bolts and we made up the little steel inserts that are in rail itself out of washers and a shock bushing. Worked perfectly!Will get some pics since the dealer said he had just sold a few sets of those little spacers in rail week before. I will add those to my bolt bin in my tunnel bag. Probably find a through bolt also instead of two separate bolts in aluminum threads. Also the arm in air must have knocked the wheel off. Never even found that! All three of us made some type of junk but was a fun ride and great memories. Next weekend for sure.
One end
DSC00856.JPG

Other end
DSC00855.JPG

Oh and I have to thank Barn of Parts for the fuse box relocate. Spare Belt knocked out the main PCV ignition cable and it shorted blowing out ignition fuse. Totally dead in the water. No starter even. took about 5 minutes trailside to figure that out and replace the fuse which I could actually SEE was blown. Can you imagine if it were in stock location? Just have to protect the PCV wires better then spare belt can go back there again. For now its in tunnel bag. Nice Job Barn of Parts!
DSC00860.JPG

And also Ulmer. The tune and Stock modded exhaust are perfect! If I used the stutter it was just enough to beat that Axis800! If not he beat me. Going from map 1 to 2 the biggest difference I felt was throttle response. She was very responsive and fun on Map 2. I am right at 9060 rpm at about 100mph so I know I didn't lose power from last year with the Ignition and Stock modded exhaust! Very happy and best of all my ears are happy. No earplugs needed anymore!

Thank You Allen Ulmer!

Back