• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wife rolled rx1 - HELP PLEASE

gbhall

Hi Everyone,
My wife rolled MY 2003 rx1 yesterday. After it was back on its ski's, it fired up right away but the TORS system was activated. I tried figuring it out but I couldn't and being miles away from home without a service manual didn't help. Well, we towed it to an area we could get our trailer into and then headed back to get the truck & trailer. Once we got back I tried starting the sled again but this time it wouldn't start or even fire for that matter. After alot of heaving, we finally got the sled on the trailer and into the garage once we got home. Tried starting it at home but again, it wouldn't even fire. Has anyone out there experienced a similar situation? If anyone has a suggestion, it would be much appreciated.!

:o| :o|

Are you sure it was the TORS? TORS won't stop the thing from starting -- just from exceeding a certain speed.

My guess is that its probably a fouled spark plug. Either that or the fuel lines emptied and you're just having a hard time priming it again. How long was it running upside down?

put in new plugs use the tank vent line to preasurize the fuel tank and try again. Works best if someone blows in the vent line while someone else cranks it over

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try them out tonight as I couldn't last night.
As far as it being upside-down, it wasn't running then as I"m sure my wife accidently hit the kill switch as it was going over. Once back on the ski's, it fired right up but with the TORS engaged. It started easily every time, until we left it to go get the truck/trailer and once we returned
(about 45min. to 1 hr. later)to recover it, it wouldn't start again.

I was just trying to give everyone the senerio of what had happened. I wasn't trying to imply that the TORS was the reason it wouldn't start. Sorry for the miscommunication guys.
Anyways, installed some new plugs last night, reinstalled the charged battery etc. but it still wouldn't start. Checked the fuel lines on the fuel pump and as I cranked the engine over, the fuel went from a drip to a light stream. ( just a little more than a drip) I ran out of time and didn't try "priming the fuel lines" as suggested.
Shouldn't the fuel pump push the gas out with some pressure? Do you guys still think that "priming" the system might work or should I maybe be looking at replacing the fuel pumps? :
o|

At this point, there's a few things for you to do and changing the fuel pumps is NOT one of them;
1) after trying to start it and failing, take out the sparkplugs and check if they are WET. If the plugs are DRY and it isn't starting, it means that it isn't getting any fuel. If the plugs are WET, it means it isn't sparking.
2) PRESSURIZE THE FUEL TANK!!! It actually is MORE WORK to pull the hoses off the fuel pump than it is to just pressurize the thing as you should have already done.
3) Make sure that your CHOKE is actually working... If rolling it you ripped out or disconnected the cable, that would be another thing that could explain what is happening. When warm, it wouldn't need choke to start. After sitting in the cold for an hour, it very well might need choke.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure I will have a chance to look at it again for the next couple of nights but once I do, I will let you know the outcome.
Thanks again!

If you guys are telling someone to pressurize the fuel tank you should probably give them an idea of how much pressure to use. I don't think the tank or the fuel system can handle high pressure that most compressors put out, Ken....

Take the vent hose and blow in it. You won't hurt it that way and it works

Hey Guys,
Got the sled running. Had to put gas down the cyls. to get it going as nothing else seemed to work but now it starts and the fuel lines etc., seem to be pressurized properly as it again starts easily. Thanks for all the suggestions by the way. They certainly put me on the right path. The thing now is the TORS system is still engaged. As I told everyone earlier, the sled rolled (prob. about 4 times) and the TORS system was of course activated. Do you think that because the thumb-throttle unit was one of the things that probably took the brunt of the roll-over, that it is likely that the switch inside the thumb throttle that could be faulty and causing the TORS to still be engaged? If it is, can the switch be replaced or do you have to buy a new thumb-throttle #*$&@'y? I'm new to these 4 strokes and and really appreciate everyones help and suggestions.

:-o
Finally got it running again!!! I was moving the throttle lever while playing with the cable on the handlebar side and the cable "snapped" into place.
No TORS, runs GREAT. Thanks all !!

:-o

i was just going to suggest that. happened to crewcheif's dad yesterday.

Back