• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will gauntlets fit around hand guard support arm?

greenmntpass

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2000 SRX
I'm looking into purchasing some gauntlets. I have powermadd hand guards mounted on bars. Is there a slot in most gauntlets to get over this support bar? Or do the gauntlets have to go completely over hand guards? The reason I don't want to go over the hand guards as I have the mirrors mounted on the outside of the guards. I see Dennis Kirk has a pair as well as Choco.

The Power Madd Gaunlets I have go over the gaurd. The gaurd is what keeps them from flopping around like dumbo ears. If you've got anything extending beyond the hand gaurd it's not going to fit. Now you may be able to cut a slot in the end of teh gaunlet and just sew it up so it doesn't frey. That way you could slip the mirror through the slot.

I also tun powermadds over the stock handgaurds. Inside slot and outer elastic fit. The middle elastic I couldn't get over the gaurd but they fit real close to being perfect IMO.

I went to the powermadd site and took a look. They look well made. I can see I'd have to take off my mirrors on the side of the guards. I think even if I made a slot for the mirror I wouldn't be able to see them. They don't seem as long as some I've seen. Do they work well?

They work well, I use them when it is extremely cold. I aslo have them on sale, 10% off for TY members.

Yeah, they work really well, especially with the lack luster heating elements on the nytro. I think they are fugly, but so functional.

Back