• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield question

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
I have an SE and yesterday purchased a DX windshield. Just four bolts, then how do you release tabs. Or do they just pop out?

I wondered the same and I just popped them out when I installed my viper shield. There are holes in the tabs so hopefully I didn't break something on the inside lol.

Under neath the if you want to call it your hood section you have to loosen the screws that hold the air intake assembly on, when tightened down this assembly holds the windshield tabs in place, just loose those screws from underneath and then you can push the windshield tabs down and off the little pegs that hold them in place, hope this helps guys

It's helps. But it doesn't help that I put my trail pass and registration on the old windshield. Lol!

Always something......Guess I'll have to strap my old windshield to the back, and do some explaining to the DNR.

They like stories.....I'll have to explain the horrible accident I had in the shed. I'll bring pics on my phone. That should keep them busy.

Hopefully DNR officer is of the understanding type, I put on the accessory medium windshield and it looks identical to the Dx model, big improvement but after riding in minus 22 Celsius I think it could have been about a inch bigger all the way around other wise pretty happy with the windshield and lots of room for hand guards when turning

That's
It's helps. But it doesn't help that I put my trail pass and registration on the old windshield. Lol!

Always something......Guess I'll have to strap my old windshield to the back, and do some explaining to the DNR.

They like stories.....I'll have to explain the horrible accident I had in the shed. I'll bring pics on my phone. That should keep them busy.
why I don't put stickers on my shield cause than you have the hassle after you break your shield. I will use that excuse and see what happens

Screenshot_20170104-125012_crop_740x466-640x380.png

image.jpegCan get more photos tonight
image.jpeg

Stupid stupid stupid, me. I will never learn. I just wanted the extra protection on the coldest days. Oh well......DNR has threatened me ever yr. Two yrs ago they boxed me in. I'm always in the wrong. But they always let me go.

Something simple like; leaving all my papers in the room. Where they don't belong. I hate myself sometimes. And tomorrow is no different. Lol!

Wow....it's the mayflower

Yeah I hear you and agree, but that is what I also had to do. Now I have one for spring riding, and one for colddd winter riding. They do interchange quickly once the learning curve time is over, and it does mount perfectly unlike some aftermarket windshields.
That is all Yamaha offers right now and they call it a mid. I do not agree and let them know but all is all.. Considering giving it a trim but it sure worked nice during my last ride.

Back