• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Worn track drivers

Went through the pics and it looks to me like either the track is just not aligned or the skid is not square. To check square measure x using the skid mounting points.

Went through the pics and it looks to me like either the track is just not aligned or the skid is not square. To check square measure x using the skid mounting points.
Yeah thats what the dealer told me they did. Yes the back of the track is square, if i move the track way over in the back i can get it centered on the drivers but its way off in the back. If I set the track running straight on the back idlers, The track is still square with the tunnel as it comes up over the rollers that are attached to the drop brackets. Then if you look from the upper rollers forward along the track and the tunnel, the gap slowly get tighter on the left and larger on the right side. If that makes sense. I can get more pictures.
What do i exactly measure?

That does make sense. Something is not square. Go from left front skid mount to right rear skid mount. Write it down. Go from right front skid mount to left rear. Numbers should match within 1/8in or better. Then do the same but to the driveshaft. Using a string and measuring the string is more accurate than trying to get a tape measure up there. Wouldnt hurt to do the skid also. Never know maybe a hole is in wrong position.

Yeah thats what the dealer told me they did. Yes the back of the track is square, if i move the track way over in the back i can get it centered on the drivers but its way off in the back. If I set the track running straight on the back idlers, The track is still square with the tunnel as it comes up over the rollers that are attached to the drop brackets. Then if you look from the upper rollers forward along the track and the tunnel, the gap slowly get tighter on the left and larger on the right side. If that makes sense. I can get more pictures.
What do i exactly measure?

I havet the same problem, how did you solve this problem?

I would be worried about my driveshaft location and square as well. I you are sure your skid is square, the track tension equal on both sides, and nothing else bent, then I suspect the drive axle.

Has anyone removed the drive axle and checked it out, bearings and all?

I would be worried about my driveshaft location and square as well. I you are sure your skid is square, the track tension equal on both sides, and nothing else bent, then I suspect the drive axle.

Has anyone removed the drive axle and checked it out, bearings and all?
Having left the snowmobile for the second time , received a call from the dealer in the evening . A technician from Yamaha will come next week ... :( How hard can it be to fix ?

I am surprised that a dealer tech can't find the issue. Hopefully the Yamaha Tech knows his stuff.

Also think it's weird, the first time they moved on the left drive wheel 5mm

Now I wonder what happened to him who had similar problems ... how did he (Martens 199) solved the problem on his snowmobile?

I have yet to solve the problem. I fully clipped my track which seemed to help slightly. But it only starts going crooked once it travels up over the upper idlers. Straight along the rails and centered with the rear idlers. Starting to think maybe my drop brackets are where the problem is.

Post more pictures, maybe one of us can see something odd. Especially the drive axle where it goes through the tunnel on bothis sides.

Back