• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Worn track drivers

I have the 160 lbs front spring in mine, no difference in keeping it straight after that was installed. I have a buddy with the exact sled and his is always straight with no wear... Haven't found the difference yet. Yamaha declined to fix mine, the dealer ship gave up cause they couldn't find the problem.

Hey martens199 did you ever solve your issue with the track clips wearing the sides of the drivers,I have a 15 mtx 153 with 300 miles on it now that the clips have worn both insides of the drivers and causes both noise and vibration,had it into dealer twice last year and they said noise was caused by track being to loose and not adjusted properly which I called them on because you can not adjust this track properly not to rub inside of tunnel.to make long story short I read your post that you made and took a look at mine and sure enough they are both worn from the clips.by the way if you do not mind me asking what dealer did you have yours at that they could not resolve this issue and yamaha declined to fix, thanks

Hey martens199 did you ever solve your issue with the track clips wearing the sides of the drivers,I have a 15 mtx 153 with 300 miles on it now that the clips have worn both insides of the drivers and causes both noise and vibration,had it into dealer twice last year and they said noise was caused by track being to loose and not adjusted properly which I called them on because you can not adjust this track properly not to rub inside of tunnel.to make long story short I read your post that you made and took a look at mine and sure enough they are both worn from the clips.by the way if you do not mind me asking what dealer did you have yours at that they could not resolve this issue and yamaha declined to fix, thanks
Well I think I just did. This last trip I noticed my rails where bent! Pretty bad too, the last few lugs of the track weren't touching the ground. Looked like I had tipped up rails.
So I removed the skid and actually ended up bending my rails straight then I welded on some homemade stiffeners. Did this just so I can ride til I find some new rails. When I put the skid back in and set the tension I noticed the track now runs straight and true!! So I'm thinking my rails where slightly tweeked right from the get go. My rear tri hub was running twisted and would send the track of line.
So my advise it look along the back of the rails and put a level on them. They should be perfect flat all the way.

Attachments

• IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 196
For me I believe my track was bad from day one. Always went to left no matter what I did for alignment. Have Aligned it twice now and it is very easy after I replacedthe track which had over 9000mi on it. Glad its gone!

For me I believe my track was bad from day one. Always went to left no matter what I did for alignment. Have Aligned it twice now and it is very easy after I replacedthe track which had over 9000mi on it. Glad its gone!
For me I got 2200k on mine. I blamed it on the track too. But who knows might also have been my rails. Been slightly tweeked and slow got worse over time. All I know is I went from badly bent rails to straight and the alignment issues are gone.

Have looked and put a straight edge on the rails ,nothing bent.this is been an issue since first ride with the rubbing and vibration.only found the issue with worn drivers and bearings gone in antistab wheels after I had read your post this past week.Had it to two different dealers last year when started having the track issue and they said nothing wrong with it and blamed it on track tension which they adjusted and set up properly they said(still had vibration)only put on 100 miles this year/season which was up in the Montana in the mountains in January and it was worse than ever.talked to dealer this weekend and told me to take some pictures and send them to him and he will show them to Yamaha rep.which dealer in sask did you deal with martins199?

Have looked and put a straight edge on the rails ,nothing bent.this is been an issue since first ride with the rubbing and vibration.only found the issue with worn drivers and bearings gone in antistab wheels after I had read your post this past week.Had it to two different dealers last year when started having the track issue and they said nothing wrong with it and blamed it on track tension which they adjusted and set up properly they said(still had vibration)only put on 100 miles this year/season which was up in the Montana in the mountains in January and it was worse than ever.talked to dealer this weekend and told me to take some pictures and send them to him and he will show them to Yamaha rep.which dealer in sask did you deal with martins199?
I dealt with Robertson out of swift. They gave up as well. I took my chain case apart and checked all bearings and such and no play. But now that it seems to work I wish I would have taken my skid right out earlier and placed it on flat ground to check. Before I would run my track slightly more to the right in the back so it wasn't so far left up front. This helped the vibrations. But I just really stopped caring lol.

Deal mainly with dealer in yorkton where bought the sled.yamaha rep told them that it was a tension issue with track because such a big track was not made to run on the flat lands and was to loose,and to run it tighter.this is when I first got it and only put on the first 110 miles which was all in the mountains and had not even ridden it anywhere else.lol
Have only 300 miles on it total now,220 in the mountains and 80 here in sask.has had track issue since day one,blown oil into the air box and all over twice(never been rolled /tipped or oil over filled) no fix yet from Yamaha, scared to put new turbo on that I have had sitting in the box for 2 months till these other issues are resolved, thankfully have spare real yamaha's(apex's)to fall back on ,only warranty will be out before it is do for it's first service

Deal mainly with dealer in yorkton where bought the sled.yamaha rep told them that it was a tension issue with track because such a big track was not made to run on the flat lands and was to loose,and to run it tighter.this is when I first got it and only put on the first 110 miles which was all in the mountains and had not even ridden it anywhere else.lol
Have only 300 miles on it total now,220 in the mountains and 80 here in sask.has had track issue since day one,blown oil into the air box and all over twice(never been rolled /tipped or oil over filled) no fix yet from Yamaha, scared to put new turbo on that I have had sitting in the box for 2 months till these other issues are resolved, thankfully have spare real yamaha's(apex's)to fall back on ,only warranty will be out before it is do for it's first service
Mine has an MCX270 since day one. Take that breather line out of your intake. And route it down to your belly pan. Get a roll over valve from 4strokesolutions and always where your tether. This I what I have done and have never lost a drop of oil since. Roll over valve is a must for the mountains.
I also advise to get the MCX separator reroute. If you are using an mcx turbo. Helps the oil light stay out when vertical and after roll overs.
Yeah I yamaha really just threw in the towel for us viper MTX owners. So I wasn't gonna wait around. Do these updates and you will be happy.

Back