• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy a Winder again?

Yep, change is tough. We are programmed to be critical. Sucks......

With just under 2500 miles on my LTX LE Winder I would not trade it for any other sled.

I have only blown 1 belt at just over 1100 miles. That was after drag racing and beating a few 850's and 800's back to back 6 times at a 1/2 mile plus. Riding any sled the way I do I would expect to blow a belt every 1000mi or so. I will see how far the second belt takes me with over 1300 on it now.

The sled is all stock with the exception of 6.9 pilots and some suspension adjustments. This sled brings a smile to my face every time I get on it now. I know I have converted at least 3 850 guys to switch to blue for next season after riding my sled.

Not only does the Winder have arm stretching pull, but it has silky smooth power delivery through the corners. I had a 16 1200 DOO last Season and thought the power was somewhat smooth, but after riding the Winder and jumping back to my buddies 16 1200 the power felt laggy and jerky even in STD Mode through the corners.

Unless running the 1200 in Eco mode at a max of 40mph I'd feel better putting my wife on my Winder.

Oh yeah, without a doubt!
1200km, zero issues, awesome sled!

Would get another one in a heartbeat!
Have a little over 1200 trouble free miles on it with a EVO stage 4

Yes . I plan on keeping it for maybe 30 oookm (4-5 season max)

After market belt and clutch parts and you are good to go! Very good sled overal

Yamaha suck on communication and honestly BIG time. Worst warranty in the buisness.....
you are gonna flash it right?? So you already know that your warranty is VOID anyway.....

Ok so I'm a Viper owner, but the Sidewinder is the most awesome sled that has been released in years. People drool over it. Seriously. Homerun.

Yes . I plan on keeping it for maybe 30 oookm (4-5 season max)

After market belt and clutch parts and you are good to go! Very good sled overal

Yamaha suck on communication and honestly BIG time. Worst warranty in the buisness.....
you are gonna flash it right?? So you already know that your warranty is VOID anyway.....

Yes Communication this year has been a bit trying on the Winders . As far as warranty still the best in the business. We sell Cat, Yami and DOO and Yami's warranty is above all.

We have yet to to get a legit Yamaha warrenty on a Winder Through.

Most Warranties are only as good as the dealer that sells you the unit. All warranties should be valid unless the problem from the aftermarket add on's posses the problem.

No regrets, 2600 kms LTX 137 LE,only issue was secondary rollers, replaced at 300 kms with Cat rollers. Replaced skis with Curve skis, I do not feel that it is hard to steer, came off a 2012 Apex with power steering.Overall great sled.

Because if this awesome site, I had researched all the known issues with rollers, turbo bolts, heat shield, potential coil bind. Mended those issues before I put even 1 mile on my sled and it has been flawless for 1200 miles. Can't say enough good things about it.
It's because of this site and the great people on it that we can all benefit from the trials and tribulations of others and work together to find solutions.
Cheers to you all and many thanks!!

Yes Communication this year has been a bit trying on the Winders . As far as warranty still the best in the business. We sell Cat, Yami and DOO and Yami's warranty is above all.

We have yet to to get a legit Yamaha warrenty on a Winder Through.

Most Warranties are only as good as the dealer that sells you the unit. All warranties should be valid unless the problem from the aftermarket add on's posses the problem.

The dealer makes a huge difference when it comes to warranty with any of the brands. I just hope I chose the right one!

Without a doubt. The first years issues I'm sure will be addressed but honestly no matter which brand first year models, you can expect some issues. Never bought a first year Sled from ANY manufacturer that didn't have a few gremlins. That said, mines got an EVO Stage 4 tune and this thing rips for a trail sled. It's throttle response is so much better than my prior Suzuki motors. It would take a 280-300 HP Zook to run with a 250 HP Sidewinder. There's something very different about this sled, and it's a good different. It needs a 4th wheel kit and some good traction products but what high HP Sled doesn't?

For comparison I rode a new 850 G4 last weekend and it honestly disappointed me. Sure they are quick, but for a very short time. And in all fairness to the 850, mines got substantially more power but hopping on the Doo felt like I was riding a 440. Since Doo isn't building a flagship lakeracer/muscle Sled any time soon, your choices are pretty clear cut. Life's to short Mike, DO IT!

Back