• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy a Winder again?

In my area we just had a pump gas 660 snow race. The results were 2017 cats with td flashes 1st 2nd and 3rd place. These guys in my area also sell td products for i believe for atlantic canada. They beat out a few 1200 turbos with motec systems, they were no joke and set up by hard core racers. If the races was 1320 the 1200 might have a little more jam there.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment of your Winder.

Being a Yami/ Cat / Doo dealer we have been able to address many small Winder issues with ease.

1) all the guys that own 850 Doo's that rode my Winder are now looking to switch to a Winder mainly do to the front suspension being better and the rear just as good after adjustments.
2) Yes the handle bar and thumb warmer heaters & switches are old school but they work well.
3) Yes the Tuner Ski's on this sled was not the best but we have been able to upgrade most of our customers to Pilots that works great for $300 or less.
4) we upgraded our Customers that had Roller issues to Cat rollers at no expense and have not had any problems since.
5) rear bags that should have shipped with DX units we also upgraded to a bag of their choice at no extra cost.

Yes these Winders have not been perfect , but we have been able to resolve 99% of the customer issues without any downtime for riding.

Once again it is good to be a multi line dealer to address many of these small issues.

This is why I bought from you Don. I know you will always do your best to satisfy your customers and if I decide to go back to a Doo I know you will treat me right.

Yes I would buy my 2017 cat zr9k lxr again, scratch that I'd get a sno pro or a Ltd with the adjustable shocks. Other than poor mpg (11mpg) no matter how easy or hard I ride I very much enjoyed the 1100 miles on this machine. No belt or clutch issues either, but I'm unstudded and stock.

Being a Yami/ Cat / Doo dealer we have been able to address many small Winder issues with ease.

1) all the guys that own 850 Doo's that rode my Winder are now looking to switch to a Winder mainly do to the front suspension being better and the rear just as good after adjustments.
2) Yes the handle bar and thumb warmer heaters & switches are old school but they work well.
3) Yes the Tuner Ski's on this sled was not the best but we have been able to upgrade most of our customers to Pilots that works great for $300 or less.
4) we upgraded our Customers that had Roller issues to Cat rollers at no expense and have not had any problems since.
5) rear bags that should have shipped with DX units we also upgraded to a bag of their choice at no extra cost.

Yes these Winders have not been perfect , but we have been able to resolve 99% of the customer issues without any downtime for riding.

Once again it is good to be a multi line dealer to address many of these small issues.
have you also had any problems with the oil tank building pressure and causing a leak,from maybe the anti roll over devise that is mounted above? My sons LTX-SE tonight I took a look at it before he leaves on a week long trip,and after he started the motor,let it idle for 30 secs or so,not completely warmed up,and may have still been on high idle,so I unscrewed the oil cap,and plugged that hole with my thumb,it did feel like it was building pressure,not enough to blow my finger off,but you could feel it. Have you ever checked one out like I described?

Wow wish you were in my neck of the woods! That's customer service at its finest!

2400 miles on my stock winder rtx le

Best sled I've owned. Handles very well with the 5.7 pilots, shocks r next to none and great power stock

Thing that need attention to make it better imo are:
-better seat. It's too hard. Hurts the #*$&@ on a long rip.

- better clutching. It's ok if u r a cruiser but when u ride it hard there seems to some binding or something. Rpms fade up top when when everything is warm and u hold it for a long period of time. Tried many clutching combinations with my STOCK winder and I'm just not satisfied with the inconsistent rpm.

- there's a squeak in the front suspension that I can't figure out. Drives me nuts. Had it in my past 2 procross chassis as well.

- wider handle bars would b nice. Going from a doo/poo to the winder feels like going to a phazer. Lol

- more accessories would b nice. Can't even get a decent bag for the yammis. something that mounts and dismounts quick would b nice.

.......and like Knapp says something that leaves harder would be nice. Seems like it leaves like a stock 2017 pick up truck to protect the tranny for warranty claims.

- better clutching. It's ok if u r a cruiser but when u ride it hard there seems to some binding or something. Rpms fade up top when when everything is warm and u hold it for a long period of time. Tried many clutching combinations with my STOCK winder and I'm just not satisfied with the inconsistent rpm.

- there's a squeak in the front suspension that I can't figure out. Drives me nuts. Had it in my past 2 procross chassis as well.

Inconsistent RPM and rpms fade up top, go whit ultimax xs-825 problem solve for me. Yamaha belt are simply cheap......

I have the same squek in the front...lol

Inconsistent RPM and rpms fade up top, go whit ultimax xs-825 problem solve for me. Yamaha belt are simply cheap......

I have the same squek in the front...lol
Mine had steak in steering post. Remove block add never seize retighen and squeak is gone. Might try that.

Best sled I've owned. Handles very well with the 5.7 pilots, shocks r next to none and great power stock

- wider handle bars would b nice. Going from a doo/poo to the winder feels like going to a phazer. Lol

- more accessories would b nice. Can't even get a decent bag for the yammis. something that mounts and dismounts quick would b nice.
Try spraying the control bushings mine squeaked too but lubed up no squeak.

Last edited:
Mr Knapp,
As a premier tuner and many times winner racer, why are you asking this forum for insight.
You already know the deal on the Winder.
Just be a man and step out of your Doo 1200 old tech...and be one happy camper

He did..........

Back