• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy the Viper again?

Would you buy your Viper again?

• Yes

Votes: 68 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.8%

• Total voters

i believe some people are easy to please, and some people are much harder to please.
Thats why places like dominos pizza and burger king exist. People are willing to just accept what they are given as good.
I happen to be much harder to please. And i am well aware of it.
When i buy something new, regardless of who made it i expect to see a level of quality and i expect it to live up to a certain standard.
While this sled might outhandle a nytro, the build quality and performance is no where near the nytro.
Being a newer sled than the nytro with the same motor. I have certain expectations.
Go back and look at some of the clutching threads. The viper clutching threads on this forum are hands down some of the largest clutching threads you will find on this forum. That speaks volumes to me that the sleds just dont perform right.
Im not really sure how you could think things like 3 different reflashes for this sled, swaybars rubbing body panels.
Cracks in chaincase covers, sleds that cant go over 85 mph, hot start issues, cold start issues, starter and starter gear issues,just to name a few things, are self inflicted but to each his own.
Everyone has their own set of expectations and this sled (other than ergos and ride) does not fit mine.

I actually owned the GREAT APEX, VECTOR and read the terrible long threads about the Nytro's lack of handling, ( Mr. Sled would not let ANYONE else drive his original Nytro the front end handling was so UNSAFE) need for different rear suspension and ski's, sub frames etc long threads not so long as a summer clutching thread with nothing else going on.

So I take the Viper issues with a grain of salt as more of the same.

Yes the prior Yamahas were better wrapped BUT they handled much worse - I know I rode/ and still ride them and with many others who do and did as well. We loved them, polished/ tuned and adjusted them and eventually had them optimized.

Nothing so very different will happen with the Viper and/or Sidewinder.

My two cents Yamadoo

All this Sidewinder talk makes me wish I bought a SW....for a minute...then I realize that this Viper is no slouch. Heck I hit 97mph running a power line before I had to let up...bone stock with only a few miles on it! I trail ride 99% of the time and RARELY use all the power the Viper has on tap. For me, more power is just a waste and actually would get me into more trouble than I need. I've had too many accidents and broken bones in my life due to powersports...time to start riding more responsibly!

[QUOTE="...time to start riding more responsibly![/QUOTE]

Please refrain from mature conversation - there may be some adults reading this!

You know what. After spending last few days going over mine and taking it for a little ride in snow. I am back in love with my Viper mostly because it truly is MINE. Not another one like it in world. Every year I add something. This year it's the new grips, seatheater,axis center shock,ulmer gutted exhaust,ulmer two step PCV mapping w ignition and stutter launch control. Suspension,all bearings and chaincase all gone through last spring. Oh and tunnel wrap! A lot of work. Some cash but nowhere near what a new sled would cost. I will be darned if someone else is going to reap the benefits of all I did and based on the ear to ear grin I had along with the relief of being ready I bet I had just as much fun as those with new sleds! One more year for sure. Can't wait for more!

You know what. After spending last few days going over mine and taking it for a little ride in snow. I am back in love with my Viper mostly because it truly is MINE. Not another one like it in world. Every year I add something. This year it's the new grips, seatheater,axis center shock,ulmer gutted exhaust,ulmer two step PCV mapping w ignition and stutter launch control. Suspension,all bearings and chaincase all gone through last spring. Oh and tunnel wrap! A lot of work. Some cash but nowhere near what a new sled would cost. I will be darned if someone else is going to reap the benefits of all I did and based on the ear to ear grin I had along with the relief of being ready I bet I had just as much fun as those with new sleds! One more year for sure. Can't wait for more!

Well said ENJOY!!!

I bought a 2014 Viper XTX for my wife to upgrade her from an 06 Rage, the Viper plus her weight equals the Rage weight, vastly better for her to ride.
It absolutely did not make the power of my Nytro but ride and handling were sooo much better it made the loss of HP pretty easy to live with.
So I bought an identical 2014 carry over, (Mine is black because I negotiated black panels.)
Turns out mine was the first one built on Thursday morning, after Wednesday night Slow pitch and the entire shift was hungover all to sh-t or completely f--ked out.
I bought a Hurricane upgrade for mine to get consistency from day to day and the ability to run with my wife's (all the money saved buying a carryover gone)
Back to your question, Yes I would buy another in a Heartbeat.
The seating position, the handling, the ride will make you forget the loss of HP from the Nytro.
I just hope you get one like my wife's sled.

I bought a 2014 Viper XTX for my wife to upgrade her from an 06 Rage, the Viper plus her weight equals the Rage weight, vastly better for her to ride.
It absolutely did not make the power of my Nytro but ride and handling were sooo much better it made the loss of HP pretty easy to live with.
So I bought an identical 2014 carry over, (Mine is black because I negotiated black panels.)
Turns out mine was the first one built on Thursday morning, after Wednesday night Slow pitch and the entire shift was hungover all to sh-t or completely f--ked out.
I bought a Hurricane upgrade for mine to get consistency from day to day and the ability to run with my wife's (all the money saved buying a carryover gone)
Back to your question, Yes I would buy another in a Heartbeat.
The seating position, the handling, the ride will make you forget the loss of HP from the Nytro.
I just hope you get one like my wife's sled.
We have a 14 nytro 1.75 xtx in the group...it is not any faster than the 3 vipers in the group. we line them up all the time. whoever gets the best start wins (15 vipers...one ltx se, one ltx dx, one xtx)

Well I still don't have a full mile on my
Sled yet. Found a 2014 LTX SE leftover this past Labor Day and for $4750 off MSRP I felt I found a great deal. So yesterday I finally let it rip a few times in about 4 inches of snow. Like I said above yet to have a whole mile yet but it felt like it pulled just as hard as my nytro did. Hit 65 rather quickly before running out of room. Can't wait to hit the trails.

Well I still don't have a full mile on my
Sled yet. Found a 2014 LTX SE leftover this past Labor Day and for $4750 off MSRP I felt I found a great deal. So yesterday I finally let it rip a few times in about 4 inches of snow. Like I said above yet to have a whole mile yet but it felt like it pulled just as hard as my nytro did. Hit 65 rather quickly before running out of room. Can't wait to hit the trails.
My 15 ltx dx would fall on its face after 65 until I got about 2000 miles on it, nothing an air box mod, can and clutch kit can't fix.

My 15 ltx dx would fall on its face after 65 until I got about 2000 miles on it, nothing an air box mod, can and clutch kit can't fix.
I did air box mod, MBRP can and ulmer clutch kit. Very anxious to get some miles on this sled. Yesterday was first time even riding a viper.

We have a 14 nytro 1.75 xtx in the group...it is not any faster than the 3 vipers in the group. we line them up all the time. whoever gets the best start wins (15 vipers...one ltx se, one ltx dx, one xtx)

I still had my Nytro on till last year so I was able to line up with both of my/mine and my wife's Viper's and neither of them could come with in 60 feet in 600 ft. (6 lengths).
(Son in laws are more than willing to race sleds)
The only race I ever lost with my Nytro was to a 2014 800 Free ride and that was only by 1/2 a length.

Last edited:
I still had my Nytro on till last year so I was able to line up with both of my/mine and my wife's Viper's and neither of them could come with in 60 feet in 600 ft. (6 lengths).
(Son in laws are more than willing to race sleds)
The only race I ever lost with my Nytro was to a 2014 800 Free ride and that was only by 1?2 a length.
Nice! stock nytro?

Well after weeks of consideration, you all convinced me so i bought a 2015 Viper LTX-DX 1300 miles on it. Looks brand new. Couldnt be happier! Now Im just waiting on some snow here in Oshkosh!

Attachments

• IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 80

Back