• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy the Viper again?

Would you buy your Viper again?

• Yes

Votes: 68 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.8%

• Total voters
Thinking about buying the same sled 2016 Viper LTX-DX Do they come with Plug for your heated shield ?
What else should I get its going to be a new sled
Have had a Vector for the last 3 years..
How do you know if it has the latest flash?

Thinking about buying the same sled 2016 Viper LTX-DX Do they come with Plug for your heated shield ?
What else should I get its going to be a new sled
Have had a Vector for the last 3 years..
How do you know if it has the latest flash?
Dx models come standard with heated seat.

Well after weeks of consideration, you all convinced me so i bought a 2015 Viper LTX-DX 1300 miles on it. Looks brand new. Couldnt be happier! Now Im just waiting on some snow here in Oshkosh!
Congrats, looks great.

Yep I'd buy my Viper again. I have a '16 MTX 141" and it's been much better off trail then my Nytro XTX and still very good on trail. The chassis and suspension feels so refined compared to the clunky noises that the Nytro made in the rough. It also feels less top heavy.

It's a little slower, but I expected that with the 2.25" Powerclaw and lower gearing. Love the vertical steering post and mountain seat on the MTX (same as a Cat High Country). Remember NA it's a 600 class sled and as long as you consider that you'll be happy with it's performance. No major issues with mine and seems to be screwed together fine.

Yep I'd buy my Viper again. I have a '16 MTX 141" and it's been much better off trail then my Nytro XTX and still very good on trail. The chassis and suspension feels so refined compared to the clunky noises that the Nytro made in the rough. It also feels less top heavy.

It's a little slower, but I expected that with the 2.25" Powerclaw and lower gearing. Love the vertical steering post and mountain seat on the MTX (same as a Cat High Country). Remember NA it's a 600 class sled and as long as you consider that you'll be happy with it's performance. No major issues with mine and seems to be screwed together fine.
Add intake, can and clutch kit and it's a 700 class all day, drag raced my buddy's f7 numerous times and we were neck and neck from start to finish.

Last edited:
I'm up to 2400 km so far this year on my Viper and the more I ride it the more I like it, on and off trail.I got the mtx 141, I've been off trail alot lately which is a new experience for me and I love it...excellent sled.Id buy it again.

Yes I would buy another viper. A 14 or 15. Instead I am stuck with my 16 I can't turbo. :o|

Yes I would buy another viper. A 14 or 15. Instead I am stuck with my 16 I can't turbo. :o|

I think you can safely turbo some of them, but have to see if you have "safe" rods or not.

I should add my Dad has a 2014 XF 7000 and he'd buy another one as well.

Check with your Dealer, mine has said there is a recall and they are replacing connecting rods in the affected machines.

Currently I hate my new viper has 150 kms and there is major quality issues. The instrument cluster was replaced for a burnt led. The rear fox float goes intermittently flat. The track drivers are worn seems to be a driver misalignment issue. This thing is causing me a lot of grief and is only a month old. I'm starting to miss my old polaris. I just rode it and never had an issue. Who would of thought.

It's a tough question. I love the sled, but disappointed in top end and disappointed in myself for spending so much time and money trying to clutch it, 3 seasons worth and till not happy with the clutching. I'm also not happy about the $ I spent. My first new sled and likely my last. When I bought I expected a certain depreciation but the sled has far exceeded that. Next time it will be slightly used or a two or three year old holdover. Hopefully if I do keep it 2 more years it will stabilize the value some.

Back