• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I have decided to run the Dual Pressure Kits from Hygear on my Viper XTX Front Shocks.

http://www.hygearsuspension.com/DualPressure_Kit.php
http://www.hygearsuspension.com/Vehicle.php?vehicle=971

Hygear (1).JPG

I also installed the Dual Pressure kit for the rear float that changes the skid from a falling rate to a rising rate skid with linkage changes. The sled in stock form is pretty firm/harsh and I was looking for a softer trail ride in stutter bumps and still retain the anti bottom of the Dual Chamber.

Hygear (3).JPG

Hygear (4).JPG

HygearA (2).JPG

Also with the skid removed I decided to remove the Tri-Hub and toss in a J&T Tri-Hub Replacement kit.
http://www.jtatv.com/4th_Wheel_Kit_p/trihub-repl.htm

jtaxel.JPG

Last edited:

I think you will like the coupler MrSled, I have been running it all season and with the turbo it really settled the ski lift down. I still pull them but do not go to the sky under full throttle. I am running the axis coil over clicker in the rear of the skid and love the adjustability of that also.

I think you will like the coupler MrSled, I have been running it all season and with the turbo it really settled the ski lift down. I still pull them but do not go to the sky under full throttle. I am running the axis coil over clicker in the rear of the skid and love the adjustability of that also.

Thanks, I hope it works well with the float too.

What does that kit come with for the front shock spring?
They have an optional coil over clicker (don't qute me but it is like $650.00) but I found it is not necessary. I have worked mine back from o preload to maybe 2 full turns on the spring. I have tried your modified mounting location and it did not make that much difference. These things really act differently my 2015 is perfect? i am not sure if they changed the valving on the front skid shock but they did not change how tight the retainer nut is it is a bastard.

They have an optional coil over clicker (don't qute me but it is like $650.00) but I found it is not necessary. I have worked mine back from o preload to maybe 2 full turns on the spring. I have tried your modified mounting location and it did not make that much difference. These things really act differently my 2015 is perfect? i am not sure if they changed the valving on the front skid shock but they did not change how tight the retainer nut is it is a bastard.

I was talking with them and working on the rear float and they never told me about the center shock change or even a spring change...

I was talking with them and working on the rear float and they never told me about the center shock change or even a spring change...
There is an Axis shock to match the rest of the shocks they make. It is not a float to match your rear shock that may be why they did not mention it. Be sure to use plenty of loctite on the 4th wheel kit I lost a wheel, spacer and bolt off of mine even with red loctite. Thank gosh its not like the old Yamaha skid I was able to make it back without the track coming loose.

There is an Axis shock to match the rest of the shocks they make. It is not a float to match your rear shock that may be why they did not mention it. Be sure to use plenty of loctite on the 4th wheel kit I lost a wheel, spacer and bolt off of mine even with red loctite. Thank gosh its not like the old Yamaha skid I was able to make it back without the track coming loose.

Right on. thanks.

The other nice thing about the 4th wheel kit is you can run them as a 2 wheel kit by installing short bolt and washers on the outsides of the skid if you are worried about sidehilling. I have not noticed any diff in feel between 2 and 4 wheels in the rear.

Let us know how the extra chamber on the front shocks work!! Read up a little about on there website, might be a good addition to the fox float 3's. They are not bad now I like having them a bit softer since they take the trail junk pretty good but they will bottom when hitting some of the big stuff.

Come on mr sled, hop on and ride it.
We wanna hear how it rides.
Im fiddling with my rear suspension too. have stingrays 135lb spring mod in now, and handling is better, but it still sends me airborne on rollers.
Think i might do the axis clickers and stock geometry.

Come on mr sled, hop on and ride it.
We wanna hear how it rides.
Im fiddling with my rear suspension too. have stingrays 135lb spring mod in now, and handling is better, but it still sends me airborne on rollers.
Think i might do the axis clickers and stock geometry.

One ride will not tell me if I like it.....LOL, Ill be on it tomorrow night and all day Sat.

Back