• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX. Star kit. ?

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
I have searched read, reread all the XTX posts and see many love the Star revalve/ spring change and kit.

But I have also read many who love their XYX stock. Having done prior suspension mods over the years that were yes slightly better but questionably 'worth it' I want experienced opinions.

I now have a new to me 2013 Apex XTX with 1100 miles.

Should I ride it or modify it before next season?

I have searched read, reread all the XTX posts and see many love the Star revalve/ spring change and kit.

But I have also read many who love their XYX stock. Having done prior suspension mods over the years that were yes slightly better but questionably 'worth it' I want experienced opinions.

I now have a new to me 2013 Apex XTX with 1100 miles.

Should I ride it or modify it before next season?

Can you share a pic or two of your new ride? ;)

I have tried but get message that the file is to big.
Pleased to say looks nearly new with the Red, white and black color package.

I have forgotten how to downsize them any help would appreciated

I would ride it and make up your own mind. I put heavier springs and over sized wheels and am happy with mine. How much do you weigh? if you are under 250 dressed you will probably think it is too stiff and is jarring in the stutters. also when mine was new it was more harsh and after a couple thousand miles it smoothed out a ton.

LOL.
I was under 250 before 1980 & marriage but now full grown at 280..... so that is why I am considering a season stock after reading the posts.
Thanks

we are about the same size. my upgrade thru Travis may just be the ticket for you too.

My XTX was great the Star kit made it awesome!

we are about the same size. my upgrade thru Travis may just be the ticket for you too.
What is that upgrade? What does it include? Don't know Travis

Travis is Barn of parts. its just heavier torsion springs and four position adjusters. It allows for you to turn down the dampening in the shock to remove harshness and carry your weight on the springs. I also highly recommend the X wheels they are oversized. with stock wheels DuPont slides would last about 2000 miles or so and the stock slides only made it 500 miles and were almost gone. with the x wheels I put stock ones on just to see and have DuPont's as back ups. so far I have almost 4000 miles on the stock slides and I will start next year with them too. FWIW.

Travis is Barn of parts. its just heavier torsion springs and four position adjusters. It allows for you to turn down the dampening in the shock to remove harshness and carry your weight on the springs. I also highly recommend the X wheels they are oversized. with stock wheels DuPont slides would last about 2000 miles or so and the stock slides only made it 500 miles and were almost gone. with the x wheels I put stock ones on just to see and have DuPont's as back ups. so far I have almost 4000 miles on the stock slides and I will start next year with them too. FWIW.

Thanks
Thinking of all of those changes
Do you rec scratchers?

i love how mine rides with the 09 nitro xtx springs. the stock ones are too stiff for me and stopped it from transfering.

I have the Duraflex scratchers I got them from Travis too. I thought I would need them when I was supercharged for cooling I leave them up almost always but I do put them down when it is real hard snow/ice. I would not say they are needed but because I have them I do use them. they have 4000 miles on them also and still in good shape. I like that I can just change the tip if they do wear out and the fact that you can use reverse with them down I never even think about them just put them down and forget about them and they do their job. Also I was able to use a hole that was already in the skid for install. If you do get them be sure to tighten them up good at all connections as they can come loose and you can lose parts or the whole thing. Locktite is a good idea too.

The star kit really shines when the trail gets rough. It really beat me up when it was stock.

Back