• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha nytro pulling to the left

jake7662

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Yamaha nytro xtx
I have a 2009 Yamaha nytro xtx. I'm having issues with it pulling to the left when I'm coming to a stop. Just rebuilt the entire front end new ball joints outter tie rod ends, and all new a-arm bushings. I do have play in my ski bushings that is about the only think I didn't replace. Could that be causing my issue? I feel like I am constantly pull the handle bars to the right while riding. I did do a ski alignment after all the work was done and it is toed out about 1/8 to 1/4. Any advice would be great

Hmm, it would seem that if you have play in the ski spindle bushings your toe adjustment might not be accurate? G.B.

Hmm, it would seem that if you have play in the ski spindle bushings your toe adjustment might not be accurate? G.B.
That's what I'm thinking and my left ski bushing is worse then my right ski bushing. I messaged up bushman to order a set of his ski bushing. Waiting for a response.

That's what I'm thinking and my left ski bushing is worse then my right ski bushing. I messaged up bushman to order a set of his ski bushing. Waiting for a response.
Yeah, I think I would start there and see how that goes. I received one of UPbushman's spindle kits a couple weeks ago for an 08' RTX I recently picked up. I used one of these kits on my Phazer and it is a sweet set up. G.B.

Upbushman is the way to go. I would also go 1/4-3/8 toe out. I have mine at 1/2- 5/8, but I'm running curve skis and found that toe out to be better.

Pete

Make sure your carbides are in good shape. I had a sled the carbide got hung up and bent real bad sled would pull really hard to one side

I agree with "check carbides" as I have twice seen bent carbides lead to a constant pull to the side. Once on Apex other a Poo. Not that it matters.

I have the same thread on this issue to a T. Long story short I did a-arm bushings upbushmans kit and alignment and tow adjustment. Nothing fixed it. Turns out the left carbide was chipped in the front so it was at a 90 degree angle to the snow. Didn't look bad at all but I changed them and it drove and stopped straight as an arrow. Good luck, let us know what you find.

If you're running the stock skis or skis that aren't left/right specific I'd swap them to see if the direction changes with the skis. A bent frame can also cause a pulling issue due to misalignment.

I checked my carbids. They looked fine don't notic any real issues. I'm running the Yamaha tuner skis. I adjusted my track it was mis aligned a very small amount. Went for a 130 mile ride today nothing changed still waiting for the new front ski bushing set in the mail. How would I know if the frame is bent? I know my front a frame got tweaked due to the front lower plate has 2 places it's bent up. Im going to put the new bushings in and realign the skis again I will see if anything changes.

IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG

I think this is my problem bent carbid. On the left ski which is the way it is pulling.

Anyone know the correct part # for a 4" or 2" Yamaha tuner ski carbide can't really seem to find it

Back