• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Soft Handguards

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Is anyone using the Soft Yamaha handguards?
My hands are freezing with my powermadd ones

Get the powermad gauntlets.
3832a9b5d1dfa5d1d1873e8e8ca68d35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is anyone using the Soft Yamaha handguards?
My hands are freezing with my powermadd ones
I have them on my Vector and they work fine. I just bought the Powermadd guards with the "armour" which doubles the area of protection and they seem to work very well also. That said, I would imagine gauntlets would be the best if you don't find them too cumbersome.

I am especially aware of protection after having finger reconstruction surgery a few years ago........terrible circulation in 2 fingers now.

I have the soft hand guards on my SideWinder, Apex, and Vector. Better coverage than the plastics. Not quite as much as gauntlets. Size of windshield certainly makes a difference too. I mainly wear lighter gloves too, unless riding in single digit or below temps.
I wouldn't hesitate to get the soft ones. Or gauntlets if you like that option.

I had the soft ones on my Apex and loved them, but it also had a bigger windshield
I froze two fingers on my first ride this year with my SW midget windshield and small wind guards
Now those two fingers are cold on every ride

20170102_211633.jpg
I had the soft ones on my Apex and loved them, but it also had a bigger windshield
I froze two fingers on my first ride this year with my SW midget windshield and small wind guards
Now those two fingers are cold on every ride
Kevin, my sleds all have some type of mid windshield on them. The sidewinder one is the lowest of those, however. It's a Cat mid.

Last edited:

Back