• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha & Textron OEM Agreement-The Speculation Ends Here

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
I just came across this recently posted interview (just today) on the Arctic Insider website that seems to end the speculation of where Yamaha fits into the plans with the recent Textron purchase of Arctic Cat.

Here are the exact words from John Collins, Textron VP of Specialized Vehicles, when asked the question most of us are wondering:

AI: How will the purchase affect the business relationship with Yamaha on snowmobile engine sourcing and production?

Collins: There will be no change to our relationship with Yamaha. They are a key partner and source for engines for many of our snowmobiles, as well as an important customer of ours for the snowmobiles we produce for them. Both Kevin Holleran (President and CEO of Textron Specialized Vehicles) and I have met with Yamaha’s engine business leader, and all of us agree the relationship between Arctic Cat and Yamaha is good for both brands.

Here's the direct link to the whole interview:
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Articl...ice-President-of-Textron-Specialized-Vehicles

Last edited:

Sounds like bad news to Me.

I have no friends in the industry, but know a little bit about business. Here is my 2cents on the whole Textron/Yamaha/Actic Cat scenario.

Textron has just anounced that as of 2018 all ATV and Side by Sides will be rebranded away from Arctic Cat to now go under the Textron badge. Only snowmobiles will now carry the Actic Cat moniker. I think this would be the first step if one would be interested in spinning off the Snowmobile division. Yamaha has no need for an ATV/SxS division as they are already have a successful branch doing that, but they might be interested in taking over a snowmobile production facility in Thief River complete with engineers, pedigree and past proven abilities.

Time will tell.

Sounds like bad news to Me.

Same news as before. Yamaha is done making sleds, they have been for a few years. Makes more sense for them to supply engines, and buy 5000 chassis a year from arctic cat or so. Just to keep the yamaha dealers happy.

I have no friends in the industry, but know a little bit about business. Here is my 2cents on the whole Textron/Yamaha/Actic Cat scenario.

Textron has just anounced that as of 2018 all ATV and Side by Sides will be rebranded away from Arctic Cat to now go under the Textron badge. Only snowmobiles will now carry the Actic Cat moniker. I think this would be the first step if one would be interested in spinning off the Snowmobile division. Yamaha has no need for an ATV/SxS division as they are already have a successful branch doing that, but they might be interested in taking over a snowmobile production facility in Thief River complete with engineers, pedigree and past proven abilities.

Time will tell.
Agree....Seems like what Yamaha would want from Textron at the end of the OEM agreement if they choose to stay in the snow biz. Doo and Poo don't want AC so Yamaha would not be competing with anyone for the purchase of the AC snow biz.

Sounds like the typical CEO statement that they all make when purchasing a business to calm everyone down for stock re-assurance. CEO's are just highly paid politicians. If you trust a CEO, then you probably trust politicians also. I plan on being the first 100 year old to ride a snowmobile over 100 mph....it may be on a Textron

Back