• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Wind Guards

dylanjen9

Expert
Does anyone have the yamaha wind guards that mount to handlebars? They look like they are soft. How do you like them and do they work good? Could some show a picture with them on sled.

Like the one's on my Nytro in my Avatar? They are just the wind deflectors that slide on the factory or accesory rigid hand guards. Like these [web]http://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=3&subGroupId=25&categoryId=57&itemId=2105[/web]

Or you can get these if you don't have hand guards[web]http://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=3&subGroupId=25&categoryId=57&itemId=2104[/web]

The ones I have work well, can put them on or take them off in seconds. They stay on well, never had one fall off yet.

No idea how well they work but I believe they are like a molded fabric hand guard, not rigid like the other ones. My buddy has the ski-doo ones on his renegade but he never really said much about them. They look similar.

I had a set on my Apex, worked great rode in Cochrane at -35 c really help in those conditions.The wife decided they would work on her Phazer, now I need another set

Depending on what sled you have, if you get the top ones like I and nytro40th have, you should find out of they will clear your windshield when turning. I have the short window on my nytro and there isn't much room when at full lock.

The the top covers are fabric pullover for the plastic hand guards. I just installed the red/black Yamaha covers on my Nytro's OEM hand guards. I haven't tried them yet but they look like they should protect the hands from wind better. I think the bottom picture are the semi rigid hand deflectors that can be installed directly to the bare handlebars.

windguard_zps771f3603.jpg

I have the bottom ones also and they definitely help. I notice the benefit when I hop on a sled that doesn't have them.

They have to velcro straps that hold them onto the handle bars. No additional hardware is required.

I have the Skinz Guards on mine, pretty much the same as the bottom one, they are the best I think because virtually no wind gets in because they close to the bars. Last year I pretty much rode with grip warmers on high for the whole season and my hands still froze, this year I have been running them about half and hot fingers.

I'm using the bottom guards in the photo on a Vector. They work great. We haven't had cold hands while riding the machine yet. The fact that they are flexible really helps when putting the cover off and on, yet not too flexible that they move around too much while riding. You can remove and install them in a about a minute if you need to.

Back