• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha x games final

Guys, that race sled of Taylors is not as heavy as you think it is. While riding with Yamaha reps last week in Eagle River, this was one of my questions. They said the Nytro racer is within 10-15 pounds of the Polaris IQ racer. Thats 2 gallons worth of fuel.

I asked this question on YAMABLOG and they said the sled was actually lighter than one of the other manufactures sleds.. and close to the others..

He said, the sled has more weight over the skis compared to the two strokes and looks heavy in the corners becaue of the engine braking effect..

He said, the sled has more weight over the skis compared to the two strokes and looks heavy in the corners becaue of the engine braking effect..

They need an Ulmer clutch kit to fix that. LOL

Great race by Taylor, a medal would have been nice just to stick it to everyone but... they finished, they finished looking very good. As far as I'm concerned I'd call that a third place. Tucker just walked away from everyone, it's as if he was already racing next years race. I think that Taylor could have taken a risk and passed one or both of the sleds in front of him. Key word "risk" I think he/they made the right choice by playing it safe and just place respectable in the field. Obviously you push to advance but don't take large risks unless needed. Again GREAT JOB Taylor!
Can someone please tell the anouncers to stop talking about Morgan. He's not even in the race and they still talk about him. In the heat race all they showed was Morgan. The guy's done. Yeah he was good, was.... next. The sled looks the best it's been and appears to be getting closer and closer. I too am glad to see Taylor beat Robbie and Blair. I deffenently feel that they were kind of dissing the Yam the whole time. Good victory will be that much sweeter.

Lets not forget about Cory Davis in the Speed Style. Other than a backflip he looked good too. Again my guess is, take it easy don't do anything stupid and lets just get better at this. Would have been nice to see him in the finals but hey, one step at a time.

Great job Team Blue and congrats on an excellent X-Games showing.
:yam: :Rockon: :yam: :Rockon:

Hell of a job by steve taylor and yamaha. I guess those heavy, slow 4 strokes can really do something in snocross! Hopefully they can add some more semi-pro and pro riders next year.

Great job Yamaha & Steve Taylor!

Hard to remember they have only been at it "again" for the two years. Things take time, they dont have the best riders but man Taylor looked pretty good.

We were out riding and left one bar just before the X games started - I was flying to get the next 15miles in to get to another stop. I pulled in just as they took off. I got all my gear off by lap 3-4 and was rooting for Taylor the entire way, nobody else really cared but I just wanted a good showing and I believe we got that. Many other big names behind him.

We he get a gold t his year? Maybe not, but many others will not either. Consistency is what they need and he is giving them that, the more consistent and more laps he can get on in race conditions the more they will learn and grow from.

It’s the same in shape quality driver as the first race and it’s the same appearing Yamaha as the first race.

My hats off to the crew – they seem to have finally figured out it’s a 4/ (for the last two track configurations anyway) and got it dialled. I wonder what the direction was?

Steve Houle is doing the Cat – so nobody is going to catch that sled anytime soon.

I watched the full race online, live – it was good.

Got Apex RTX? said:
Can someone please tell the anouncers to stop talking about Morgan. He's not even in the race and they still talk about him. In the heat race all they showed was Morgan. The guy's done. Yeah he was good, was.... next. The sled looks the best it's been and appears to be getting closer and closer. I too am glad to see Taylor beat Robbie and Blair. I deffenently feel that they were kind of dissing the Yam the whole time. Good victory will be that much sweeter.
I agree. Morgan was one of the best riders there is about 5 years ago, but he is past his prime and its time to let it go.
I too get tired of them talking about Tucker and Blair all the time.
After Blair's comment last year about the final being a bunch of, "nobodys", I lost what little respect I had for the man.
I think its time someone invest an option for TVs where you can block out the announcers but still get all the background noises. That way you could watch a race and still get all the engine sounds but not have to listen to the announcers spouting off their nonsense.
Speaking of Robbie Malinoski, I wonder how he feels this year. Last year he could make the excuse of how he couldnt win because he was on a developmental sled and how he had to deal with a weight penalty. This year though, he really has no excuse. He is on the lightest sled there is and he still cant seem to do all that well. I would never wish bad luck on anyone, but its nice to seem his struggled, especially that comment he made after they announced the switch to Doo about how ee is glad to be on a sled that gives him a chance to win. Its kind of funny especially now, with Yamaha turning in good results and Robbie struggling on the super lightweight Doo.

Pic of Steve Taylor from the X-Games:

Attachments

• 080126_snoxfinalgallery_07h.jpg
    080126_snoxfinalgallery_07h.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 150
It was an awesome race. Too bad Tucker didn't hop on a Yammi for a year just to show what it can do. Malinoski has to feel a little embarassed now. I'm sure he went for money reasons to Doo, so you can't blame him there. But even though the "nice to be on a lighter sled" comments and how he should do much better are all marketing bs that I'm sure he was told to say, he's doing worse than he did on the Nytro last year. That's gotta irk the factory support.

I too got sick of them talking incessantly about Blair Morgan "the superman" in the LCQ. Good grief he was in 6th and showing no signs of moving up. Meanwhile no comments about Taylor or Turcotte. They mentioned Morgan more than they did Taylor in the finals even! And Taylor was a hair away from a medal. Those announcers are aweful.

the tv coverage didnt do him justice. u should have seen him in person. he was as fast if not faster then every one else other then tucker.

heres some pics

aspen125.jpg

aspen092.jpg

aspen085.jpg

aspen083.jpg

heres one of my buddy racing

aspen063.jpg

Back