• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yellow warning light comes on apex, but nothing else???

Apex18

Expert
My dad just called me and said he was driving my sled today, my bottom yellow warning light comes on, and its been staying on, but nothing else, no codes or anything. I said was it overheating? He said he didn't think so, because nothing else came on just the yellow light. I can't remember if when the sled is getting warm or overheating, if the yellow warning likht comes on, along with a picture of something above the clock,? Or does JUST the yellow light come on when the machine is running warm? Thanks for the info, Jord

The yellow light for high temp is accompanied by the temp icon on the LCD. Low fuel will also turn on the yellow light along with the fuel icon.

There may be more icons than these two but these two are the only ones I have seen on my sled with the yellow light.

Thats what i figured, so would anyone know what JUST the yellow warning light with nothing else coming on would mean?

Your dad might have noticed the icons. They can be hard to see depending on lighting,etc.

The LCD icons are small and your Dad simply may not have noticed if there was one. Probably low fuel or maybe high temp if he was riding in poor snow conditions.

Yamaha should have redesign theyr warning lights. I would prefer a red light if owerheat and low oil/oil preassure. Everybody knows what a red light on a vehicle meens - stop and check. A yellow light, in my mind indicates a issue that need attention and not a serious problem.

I know of 3, but all 3 come with an icon on the LCD display. High Temp, Low Fuel and Oil pressure/level.

Just curious, did you ever figure out what caused the yellow light? According to my manual there can only be four causes, all of which have their own different small icon on the LCD.

Low fuel, low oil, high temp, & self diagnostic system. The first three just have a small icon, the last one has a small icon and a larger flashing error code.

Back