• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

MR.HAPPY

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
YAMAHA
I hope that next year, we don't just get a mountain version of the Viper!

:drink:

That would be using A/C two years to buy time for Yamaha to play catch up & get their shitt together!!!

We need a real new Yamaha!

Haha lets get this to 1000 pages before next year... If they just bought and mounted the skinz front end on the nytro mtx I would have picked one up...

Honeymoons are sweet but divorces can be bitter.

There was no technical reason Yamaha couldn't have offered an MTX. Probably wanted to focus on clearing out leftover Nytro MTX's before they release it next year.

AKrider said:
There was no technical reason Yamaha couldn't have offered an MTX. Probably wanted to focus on clearing out leftover Nytro MTX's before they release it next year.

Almost nobody wants the Nytro motor in a mountain sled without a power adder, so I doubt they would sell very many. The M8 will be lighter and have more power.

Why wait. Lots of guys already planning to "build" a mountian version of the viper. Basically all you'll really need are
1. Mountian Track
2. Tunnel Extension
3. 153 or 162 rails. (suspension arms/shocks/etc are basically the same between Procross/proclimb/viper)
4. Drivers....maybe.

All parts are available aftermarket, even the tunnel extension in carbon fiber..

I hope Yami build their own mountian sled soon, but it does make you wonder why they didn't give us the mountian viper option. Maybe Cat said no. No one buys current MTX's anyway, so I don't think that's the reason.

OTM

Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Has anyone else considered the fact that cat will need a high horse power four stroke to replace the 1100 turbo after Suzuki is done with cat. What do you think they will do? Will this finally be the year we get a Nytro motor with a turbo? I know we have been screaming this for years and I cant see yamaha letting cat turbo the viper/procross without yamaha doing it as well. Here's my contribution to 1000 pages lol.

Not sure why everyone assumes that AC is done with Suzuki engines.They own the rights to them. Would like to see anything officially saying no more Zuk engines.Seems to me that all evidence points to this Viper being a one time thing.If it works as well as I hope it is going to really give Yamaha some credibility for fixing a sled when AC had trouble.Win for Yamaha if it works.

Off Trail Mike said:
Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Really 150 hp? What brand of header/intake/PC5?

I need to research this!

COLDONE said:
I hope that next year, we don't just get a mountain version of the Viper!
:drink:
That would be using A/C two years to buy time for Yamaha to play catch up & get their shitt together!!!
We need a real new Yamaha!

You are already worried about 2015.... :drink:

Your going to SEE THAT VIPER FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS...Plus ONE NEW SLED over the next Five

The MTN SLED IS NEXT....COUNT ON IT....SHOULD BE SWEET ANYWAYS......

Maybe you should just wait and see
:jump:

Back