• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anti freeze disappearing

Lonerider

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 rx1, 05 Warrior 06 Attak-w/yamacharger, 07 Attak-Supercharged, 17 Sidewinder TD power trail
I have a 07 attak gt & I have had to add anti freeze (50/50) at the start of the season. (about 32 oz.) I rode several time this season, not far 10-20 miles between stops maybe 300 miles total this year. Shake down rides. My temp light came on in deep snow in under 10 degree weather. Checking the anti freeze this weekend I was low about 32 OZ. again. I topped it off raised back end of sled & burped it. Started the sled & ran till fan started. No leaks in runner boards or front exchanger. Oil in tank is clean, Let it sit in garage, no signs of drips or leaks?

Is my Thermostat sticking maybe?
I have tried to run sled & open T stat only to have anti freeze spray out allover.
What temp does the T stat open?

If it's overheating and puking coolant out the overflow from the tank, sounds like the thermostat is stuck closed. That's only if you're sure it's not leaking anywhere else and not leaking internally.

A 50/50 mix is good. Also add some Water Wetter.

I had a small hairline crack in a side heat exchanger that seeped so slowly I could never find it. Finally one time I saw wetness on the rear skid mount plate when the sled was dry and running on the stand. Had it welded by a aluminum radiator guy and it has been fine ever since. It may be a slow leak that is causing it. Not enough to pool anywhere and the track and snow sweeps it away anyway.

LoneRider said:
I have a 07 attak gt & I have had to add anti freeze (50/50) at the start of the season. (about 32 oz.) I rode several time this season, not far 10-20 miles between stops maybe 300 miles total this year. Shake down rides. My temp light came on in deep snow in under 10 degree weather. Checking the anti freeze this weekend I was low about 32 OZ. again. I topped it off raised back end of sled & burped it. Started the sled & ran till fan started. No leaks in runner boards or front exchanger. Oil in tank is clean, Let it sit in garage, no signs of drips or leaks?

Is my Thermostat sticking maybe?
I have tried to run sled & open T stat only to have anti freeze spray out allover.
What temp does the T stat open?
It can take some time to get all the air out, I raised my sled up at the front and continually added mixture until I thought it was good.
Returning from a ride I noticed it was down so I added more and did the same procedure and was surprised by the amount it took, (not a lot but about a 1/4 to a 1/2 litre)

When doing your's be sure to squeeze various hoses as this will also help to displace air.

Back