• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The best Washington has to offer!! Excellent day!

Berg570

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
I decided this was going to be my last ride of the year. Steve, Brian, Cass and myself headed up to Van Epps Pass, Lake Anne, and Gallagher Bowl for the season "ender".

We started out heading up "Hogs back", a very tight single track trail that heads straight up a ridge. I was told to not stop, as momentum was a must for us all to make it. Navigating the super tight, technical trail on my big Apex took all of the skill I had. My knees were shacking for sure.

However, Brian's Skidoo began to overheat. The slow pace, and relentless climb even had my Yellow light flash for a moment. We had to stop for Brian.

A quick photo while his sled cooled down. behind me was the valley we started from.

After battling the tight trail for 5 miles and climbing thousands of feet, we made it to the ridge top!

We traversed along the ridges for another 30 minutes or so, then, up and over two more ridges to really put us deep in the back country.

At last, bowls so big we couldn't tear them all up if we rode them all day. Breath taking.

It was a rough day on the Apex's belt. I felt guilty bouncing off of the rev limiter many times, but the hills and untouched bowls were just too tempting!

We took some breaks at each open area.

It was now late afternoon, and I was truly beat. I will always own, and love, my Apex. But after muscling it around intensely for 8 hours of riding, its weight started to wear on me. As always, put gas in er', turn the key, punch the throttle and ride. Reliability is, and always will be my first priority. In this area there is absolutely no way of towing a sled out. I'll stick to my Yamaha!

The final ridge before dropping back down into the valley.

This has been a good season. Im going to call this ride good for the season. The Husaberg is calling . . . . .

As always, GREAT pic's, you must have a great camera ;)!

Thanks sharing the story and pics Berg, as always, great pics. ;)!

Great photos. ;)! You truly live in some beautiful country.

Have you ever considered putting a Timbersled mountainhorse kit on your bike?

Wow thanks for sharing the beauty!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, we really do love the area we live in.

Ive ridden several snow bikes and, they just don't excite me. Im not sure what they are "missing", but I think I will keep the Husabergs on the dirt.

Regards

Back