• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tech Contest:Installing A-Arm Bushings

Essarex said:
if the main bolts are free to rotate in the bulkhead, they will blow away the thin stock bushings and egg shape the bulkhead holes. the oillite replacement bushings help because they last longer, but this is no way to correct a design flaw. the a-arms have plenty of freedom to rotate without needing the main bolts to turn.

Our bulkhead kits eliminate bolt rotation in the bulkhead bushings. ;)!

Thanks for a great write up. In the process of doing mine today

I bought my kit from the local classified and it came with a bunch of bushings. Any idea what the 2 bigger sizes are for?
FC7CEA6E-CAE5-4285-8455-329853C24A4F_zpseegckpio.jpg

If you look at the instructions, you can put those one's in from the front. I also used cleaned engine oil when installing mine, mad it a tad easier to get them in.

I have bought Yamaha oem Oilite bushings SMA-8FTFR-KT for my Apex. Is this kit the same as Ulmer Racing sells? In Ulmers instructions you can put in the bushings from the front. Can anyone confirmed that even is so with the "yamaha olite kit"? I think it`s the same, made in United States! I think Oilite is a fabric or a brand.

Greetings from Sweden!

Last edited:
Are the caps pictured in photo 30 necessary? Changed my bushings and a couple of them were cracked. I cannot find a part #on the diagram or a number on how many there should be.nthe machine is a 2003 rx1

Are the caps pictured in photo 30 necessary? Changed my bushings and a couple of them were cracked. I cannot find a part #on the diagram or a number on how many there should be.nthe machine is a 2003 rx1

I had a few caps destroyed so I used a washer to take up the space to keep everything tight. Have ridden it 250 miles since and everything is still tight. Now that I have done this once if I had to do it again I'm sure it would go much quicker and easier.

Back