• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do all 07's Crank Slow?

Zrxpilot

Pro
Bought my 07 FX last year basically new. Original owner and only had like 400 miles on it. From day one this thing has cranked over slower than any other 4 stroke ive had in the past. It always starts mind you...just seems odd how slow it cranks.

Had it in the shop recently to take care of a couple recalls and had the the fan update installed. Tech says they all do that. Wouldnt surprise me.

Adding a battery tender and will keep it hooked up when not being used. That should insture starting.

Looking foward to trying it out this year. Did the yamaha tunnel closure mod. Piece of cake and nice package from Yamaha.

I know what you are saying with the slow cranking. Mine is the same way but it never fails to start. Gotta love the phazers. I have had mine for 3 years and the fun never ends on them. Hopefully we'll get some snow this year and we can let the good times roll!

Mine cranked slow until i had the cold weather kit put on it. I know a lot of people have had issues getting the dealer to honer the update.

I had mine done last year at the largest Yamaha dealer in my area, and he was able to get yamana to honer it. Im sure it also helped that i have purchase a couple sleds, 4 wheeler and jet ski`s from them, but i cant hurt if you simply ask another dealer to run your Vin for updates, and what ones they will cover. I know Yamaha seems to open their pockets a little more for the bigger dealers.

After the update was done it did crank a little faster.

I just checked my paperwork they did the update February 2011, They also did a bunch of other updates at the same time.

My Phazer cranked mega slow until I put a better quality battery in it.

Cranks much faster but YES still slow compared to the 3 and 4 cylinder engines.

I am still having trouble with starts

If you need some extra ompf at start up you can push in your secondary to loosen the belt on the primary clutch. There is some drag on the belt in the primary around the shaft of the clutch causing a bit slower rpm at start up when cold. This will help increase cranking rpms and is helpful when it's real cold and belt is stiff also.

Is it possible that you're just hearing less compression strokes? This is just a two cylinder so you'd hear only two compression strokes per revolution instead of 3 or 4.

might also be a sign the bolts that hold the starter together are loose and the 2 halfs aren't aligned properly anymore. My 09's turns over reasonably fast, but it definitely sounds slower than either any of my ATV's.

Dude that one cranks fast.

It certainly cranks LONG considering its on a garage though

mine cranks that fast, and takes that long to fire... even if its warm out

That`s about the same speed mine cranks, yours might be a little faster, but it does seem to take a wile to fire.

I also dont prime mine that many times, (unless its real cold) but that shouldn`t make that much of a difference if any at all.

Back