• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why does each dealer seem to handle warranty differently???

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Yamaha does not own any dealers, at least that we are aware of.

Each dealer is an INDEPENDANT business.
The owner of a particular 'Independant' dealer;

* Some have started out as a sales person at another dealer and so the focus of the dealership 'he' now owns is on sales.

* The next dealership owner may have started out as a mechanic, so his focus is on service.

*The 'low price, no frills dealer' may not be focused on after sale service and that is not the reason you bought from them.

*The dealer next town over may have charged you $200 dollars more for your snowmobile. He may have the extra dollars available to 'chip in' for your repair on an item that Yamaha considers non warranty.

We are sure that Yamaha sends out the same tech materials, has the same tech service support available, to all dealers. But it is up to each seperate 'Independant' dealer to make the best use of the tools available to them.

By Tork

I agree with mr sled and tork. We all need to support a good dealership. I am lucky for my local dealer Hauck powersports in Rice Lake Wi i get a great price on sleds, labor and parts with excellent service so i support them.
Sometimes good dealerships are hard to find.

Bought 2 sleds the past year waaay out of town. Tried local dealer on both, yet way too much and service seems more to mechanic/owners friends first.
Had to tell him about my latest Yamaha updates/recalls, then waited for parts, then a time to get it in (about 1-2 weeks) Showed up and was handed 1 box of parts to install myself ( I left them there since they are billing Yamaha to do the work), other box (my parts) was installed in one of their buddies sleds soon as they arrived, so I had to wait again. Never a call when my parts first arrived, so traded it up for a new Nytro............. out of town again where I get great service and advice always!!

Back