• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutching setup ??

rxwhopper

TY 4 Stroke Guru
i bought a stage 2 kit from a guy on here,it is a hh kit with 14.5 rollers ywy primary i think a 52-44 helix and a white spring wraped at 90. the kit was for a warrior with picks, i have a rx1 with a 1.5. what should i change. the stock clutching is faster.i think it has a 7/16 bolt and a couple washers in the middle and a 3/8 and a couple washers in the end.has the long allen in the start.seems to overev at the start a bit and my top end is down, thanks for the help

Lyle...what are rpm,s from holeshot to top end? Also use your stock secondary spring with that set up. Don,t use the silver.

turk, its sittin at 10200 most of the time, a little high out of the hole but comes down quickly. this backdrive spring in it was a white.you figure use red?

Lyle;if you have the white then run it at 60.The white works well & at that higher wrap you had it at explains the initial overrev & the loss of top speed.

i actually put it down to 60, helped a bit, but would still loose to my buddys warrior, he has the hell hammer times.we are close but he gets me out of the hole and has a little more top end.i would think the 1.5 inch shorty should run more top speed .turk do u think its worth while dickin with the hh setup or go back to the stock setup that worked well?

can someone shoot me a setup with this speeedshop kit, just not workin for me, right now my stock clutching will beet it, its got the 14.5 rollers, hh 48 grams. 52-44 helix with white spring, 7/16 bolt with2 washers in the 1s2 hole and 3/8 with 2 washers in the tip, looks like 3/8 allen in the heel. 11.5 inch shorty with revers and stock gearing

Try removing 1 washer from 1st hole & tip. That 1.5 track is killing you. I tried a 1.18 straight lug 43 pound track on my 03 shortie before turbo & lost 12 mph.

Loose the white spring. It will coil bind if wrapped anything past 60 degrees. Run a Silver at 90 if the white doesnt work at 60, but look below for your HH setup. Try this weight setting before changing secondary spring. As Turk points out that track is killing you. The setup you need for the weights is 1/2 allen in heel, 7/16 steel bolt with 1 thick washer in mid, and 3/8 steel bolt with 1 thin washer in tip. You dont make any mention of having ECP filters on your sled. The clutch kit you have was designed for the filters, not a stock airbox. You should run 10200-10300 with stock airbox, and 10400-10500 with the filters. Good luck...BBY

thanks bby,i do have filters,i will pull the eights back out to see what i have for sure,the allen is sticking out of the weight so it is probably 1/2 , i will look at the rest.the thing is the stock clutching so far was just as fast, must have something not quite right.this kit was bought from a guy with a warrior with a ecp, same weight as me and a exhaust system.only thing he had studs i dont, figured thats where the different clutching could be :bling

Back