• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT to the mountain... it's a 153" Phizzer stretch

MotoPsycho

Lifetime Member
Well, it's a well known fact that the OEM Maverick tracks on Yammi's are junk.

I figured as long as I was going to tear every thing apart, I might as well do it up right. Stay tuned to this thread to see the results...

I will be stretching a MTX Phazer to 153" with OFT Racing rail x-stensions, installing a 153 x 14 x 2.5" Camo Extreme (custom cut by OFT Racing), adding Nytro 3.00 pitch drivers (including the extros), and installing 8" OFT Racing billet wheels on the rear axle.

I will be dropping a pound or two off the skid as well.

Here is the project sled and the goods... It's an "oh nine" Phizzer MTX...

PhizzerStretch1.JPG

PhizzerStretch2.JPG

PhizzerStretch%203.JPG

PhizzerStretch%204.JPG

PhizzerStretch%205.JPG

alright, a few more pics...

First of all, I urge all Phizzer owners to drain the chaincase and remove the cover to check for water. This sled has less than 200 miles on it, and when I drained it I got a couple of ounces of water from the case. The water has also started to corrode the chaincase cover as seen in the first pic below...

Phizz3.JPG

Phizz2.JPG

Phizz1.JPG

Phizz4.JPG

Phizz5.JPG

Phizz6.JPG

Phizz7.JPG

Phizz8.JPG

Got some more Japanese goodies to install...

I decided on a 17/46 gearset. The Nytro drivers are about 4% larger than the Phizzer drivers, which RAISES the gear ratio. I wanted to LOWER the ratio by 0.1 to 0.2, so that gave me either a 45 or 46 bottom gear choice. I hate trails, and avoid them whenever possible. I went with the lowest option, and that requires the longer chain as well.

If I run into RPM issues, it can be ironed out with some weight in the primary.

I also decided to go with the 2500 torsion springs. You can see the difference in size and twist in the pics below:

PhizzerStretch8.JPG

PhizzerStretch9.JPG

PhizzerStretch10.JPG

PhizzerStretch11.JPG

Alright, final installment of the Phizzer stretch.

Here are the Nytro drivers/extro's installed

Phizz9.JPG

There is a fair amount of room between the extro's and the rail tips... no worries

Phizz12.JPG

Phizz13.JPG

Plenty of room for the 2 1/4" lugs as well... I think you could run 3"; even with the larger Nytro drivers

Phizz10.JPG

Here, you can see the difference in gears... I think she'll do okay with the 56...

Phizz14.JPG

Believe it or not, you can fit 14 5/8" of track under the Phazer... It requires A LOT of cursing, beer, perfect driver alignment, and custom fitment; but it WILL work!

Phizz15.JPG

... AND VOLIA! Another "Over the top" build from OFT Racing

Phizz16.JPG

Phizz18.JPG

BEFORE:
Phizz20.JPG

AFTER:
Phizz17.JPG

MotoPsycho said:
There is a fair amount of room between the extro's and the rail tips... no worries

Phizz12.JPG
Please don't take this as negative, but did you shorten the rails? I've done three of these now using Nytro drivers and the first one was the learning experience. Unless you shorten the rails, move the skid back, or shave the plastic caps and driver tips, THEY WILL HIT! Believe me, it would happen when the suspension cycled and it was violent! The first one we shaved the plastic caps untill the indentations were gone, then spun the shaft in the lathe and took a 1/4" off the tips of the drivers. Now we just pull the caps off, cut them straight across, cut one inch off the rails, reinstall the caps and they'll now but up against the rubber suspension stopper. Haven't had any issues with the rails hooking the track due to the size of the drivers and the nature of the extroverts. Again, I'm not bashing, but I didn't think they'd hit and they do. Nick at Vernon Motorsports and Grant at Nicola Motorsports both had the same problem with the same results. One was an instant destruction of the drive shaft and the bulkhead when the shaft stopped dead impaling the rail tips over some whoops. Just trying to help :hide: P.S. I have all three together right now, but could stick my camera in there and take a picture of the rail tips if you like, but just look at your pictures and cut straight across the horizontal line at the bottom of the cap. Reinstall the cap, drill a new hole for rivet. Plus one inch is lots, but better safe then sorry.

Kingsandman said:
MotoPsycho said:

Phizz12.JPG
Please don't take this as negative, but did you shorten the rails? I've done three of these now using Nytro drivers and the first one was the learning experience. Unless you shorten the rails, move the skid back, or shave the plastic caps and driver tips, THEY WILL HIT! Believe me, it would happen when the suspension cycled and it was violent! The first one we shaved the plastic caps untill the indentations were gone, then spun the shaft in the lathe and took a 1/4" off the tips of the drivers. Now we just pull the caps off, cut them straight across, cut one inch off the rails, reinstall the caps and they'll now but up against the rubber suspension stopper. Haven't had any issues with the rails hooking the track due to the size of the drivers and the nature of the extroverts. Again, I'm not bashing, but I didn't think they'd hit and they do. Nick at Vernon Motorsports and Grant at Nicola Motorsports both had the same problem with the same results. One was an instant destruction of the drive shaft and the bulkhead when the shaft stopped dead impaling the rail tips over some whoops. Just trying to help :hide: P.S. I have all three together right now, but could stick my camera in there and take a picture of the rail tips if you like, but just look at your pictures and cut straight across the horizontal line at the bottom of the cap. Reinstall the cap, drill a new hole for rivet. Plus one inch is lots, but better safe then sorry.

Seems like this topic is laid out w/ pics somewhere on this site.... :rocks:

Installing 3.0" Nytro extros on Phazer

When installing 3.0" Nytro extro drivers on the drive shaft what are you guys using to line them up?

Are you marking the existing Phazer driver locations on the axle and then putting the Nytro in the same place or????

when trimming the rail tips, are you then putting anti-stabs in place?

I'm sure this is not the last of my questions......

Thanks,
Murph

Last pic of this sequence... StoliDoli... 6' 5", 285 lbs and highmarkin' on a Phizzer (there was a bit of poaching!:D)

Ph1.jpg

Ph2.jpg

Ph3.jpg

Ph4.jpg

Ph5.jpg

Ph6.jpg

Ph7.jpg

Hey MotoPsycho how does it do in the deep stuff now and did you change your clutching any. A 56 lower gear seems like alot what is your track speed like and top end.

Back