• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Domino Grips on a Sled?

Garmash

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX GT 40th Anniversary
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Was wondering if anyone has seen or tried putting Domino grips on a snowmobile. I know they are very popular in the motorcycle world, and was thinking about putting a pair on my sled. What I am unsure about is whether or not they will be able to tolerate the grip heater elements (I don't see why not?) and if the flange will cause issues (I can't find a model they make without a flange). I know they make some grips for ATV's that have the closed end cap and would probably be the easiest to get to work with a sled handlebar. Any input is much appreciated!

I guess it depends on which sled, I don't have a problem with the grips on either the apex or the winder (or much in the past). The sleds I am on today have hooked bars, that would be one issue, the second is tolerance to temperature and general motorcycle grips may not have the tolerance to temperatures swings but if its something you are used to, and you aren't dealing with hooked bar ends.. go for it.

Ended up ordering a set for the Nytro, has straight bars on it without the bent ends. I'll post when I have them on and see how well they work.

Back