• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

“Polaris will probably just have new colors and graphics this year…”

My favorite comment:

1645019021894.png

It'll be interesting to see what it is. Apparently, there have been a few shops successfully building 900 motors with the 850.

I still can't believe Polaris doesn't offer a 4 stroke. They are missing out on some market share.

Sounded pretty quiet. Was that a two smoke or 4?

The video is short because they had to edit out the end where the engine blew up on the stand. :D

Ther going after doo about the comment doo representetive made about being the only Dyno tested 180hp turbo 2-stroke is my guess

Oh, I don't know....most speculation on the Interweb seems to indicate a 900 twin. Would be surprised if it is actually a turbo 2 stroke. Then again, rumors suggest Cat / Yam may have something bigger in the works, too - on the 2s side that is. Meh, they're all too pricey for me now. I'm just as content with my 2008 as any of the newer stuff nowadays.

900 Twin? How short do they think our memory is?

The 900 twin upgrade has been available as an aftermarket solution for awhile from Carls cycles.

Love their 2 stroke mountain war. If I get this right:

2021 first 165hp stock turbo from Doo hp all the way to 8000'
2022 Polaris patriot boost turbo making 10% more hp at see level (around 180hp) then up to 50% more at 10000' to maintain hp.
2023 180hp turbo Doo all the way to the top

If Polaris is smart they should offer their 2 stroke turbo for the trails to compete against the Doo 4 stroke Turbo R engine. Offer something Doo hasn't since their reluctance in offering a 4 stroke themselves.

Riding with some of those new Polaris guys, 650's, 850s...they still foul plugs ! - I was wondering the other day if any of my Yamahas still used plugs

Biggest indication of a two stroke. Nobody pull starts a four stroke, and you don't hear a starter when it is fired up. But I thought I could hear a recoil. That vibration is reminiscent of a big twin.

Now that 4 are sharing the 120/200 class, they may as well be the fifth to offer a new 120/200 class sled. At least there will be less to look at come Tech Inspection time for the kids races. They will all be on the same engine/chassis.

Back