• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

“Polaris will probably just have new colors and graphics this year…”

Riding with some of those new Polaris guys, 650's, 850s...they still foul plugs ! - I was wondering the other day if any of my Yamahas still used plugs
I dont think so! My first 2 rx-1s, bought in the fall of 2002, the vectors, the apex, the sidewinder, never changed a plug or took one out. I still have a set of 4 for the orignal rxs. So I dont think they have plugs! LOL

My Apex has plugs?
Nope!
lol! Going from modded mach z 800 triple plug eaters to 4 strokes, and never pulling a plug out of any...I have no evidence there are plugs in them! Although before selling a vector, I did have Excel go over it (I got lazy, and they are good) and rumor is they put new plugs in it. Receipt long gone so no proof it had plugs!

there are plugs in there. did them 13000 mi on my 2011 when i did the dounuts and it was just because i wanted to as they still came out in good shape.

there are plugs in there. did them 13000 mi on my 2011 when i did the dounuts and it was just because i wanted to as they still came out in good shape.
I know. In all those years on all those sleds, only heard one pop on deceleration from the sidewinder, after riding slow, then fast, but seeing the carbon in the turbo, I chalked it up to detonation of some sort. But the triples do sound like diesels idling!

We’ve been building fast sleds since 1954. This one is faster.
2023 Snowmobiles Arrive 2.28.22
1645561329230.png

The video posted to instagram has some teaser engine noises. One of them sounds like a 4s. The picture above looks like a lake racer. It appears to be lowered but who knows. the actual sound patterns (a pure guess) are 4s, 2s (900), and an electric model, at least that is what it sounds like.

Last edited:
We’ve been building fast sleds since 1954. This one is faster.
2023 Snowmobiles Arrive 2.28.22
View attachment 166535
Well I guess we'll have to wait until the 28th to see how fast the new Polaris really is. But until then we've got this....

1645582010678.png

Last edited:

Back