• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

0-40 traction

The Stud Boy Super-Lite Pro scooped backers help a good amount. When I had my 180hp MPI turbo Viper with those installed, I raced a stock 17 Sidewinder LTX that had a 1.75 track on loose snow and pulled on him right from the get go. If the race has been longer, he may have cought up but it didn't happen in around 800'. I run them on my tuned Sidewinder now... although I haven't raced anyone from a dead stop yet.
1206192331.jpg

Couple of things that can be done to set up for loose snow and no traction that may help depending on your power or tune..Run tight belt to sheave clearance in primary but not so tight it creeps .. 22 thousands or more.. Lower your primary clutch engagement using a set up design to do that… Lower it until you stop spinning…. On good traction days you raise it back up…. Drop your belt lower in your secondary which will be like taking off in second gear …. Change gear ratio to lower number…. If your running like 21-41 go to something like. 22-38. These are just a couple of adjustments that you can try without changing track …If your spinning, your not winning , if your sled go up , your competitors will be going forward ….. Lol

The sled came with a torsional secondary. I have the roller helix and stock spring. Should I switch back?

The Stud Boy Super-Lite Pro scooped backers help a good amount. When I had my 180hp MPI turbo Viper with those installed, I raced a stock 17 Sidewinder LTX that had a 1.75 track on loose snow and pulled on him right from the get go. If the race has been longer, he may have cought up but it didn't happen in around 800'. I run them on my tuned Sidewinder now... although I haven't raced anyone from a dead stop yet.
View attachment 166608
I have a bucket of those used if anyone wants them. enough to do 144 studs, singles and doubles. @500 miles on them.
I'd trade them for a 12 pack of beer.

So an update, there was quite a few trails around central MN that turned into granite hard pack snow. Stuff was so hard.

Didn't have a problem with hookup there, but ran into a few loose snow conditions where it became squirrels.

So now on the lookout for a new track and some scratchers that won't fall apart like the straight line performance ones.

So an update, there was quite a few trails around central MN that turned into granite hard pack snow. Stuff was so hard.

Didn't have a problem with hookup there, but ran into a few loose snow conditions where it became squirrels.

So now on the lookout for a new track and some scratchers that won't fall apart like the straight line performance ones.

Tried those, couldn't find a good mount point where the upper wheel wouldn't contact it.

Probably going to use duraflex.

Tried those, couldn't find a good mount point where the upper wheel wouldn't contact it.

Got them on 3 sleds now. No issue with contact? Not sure where that could even happen with the correct length bolt. Tried them all. Best location for cooling and mounting out of the way.

Duraflex carbide ends carve/churn up even ice.

Attachments

• Duraflex scratchers.1.jpg
    Duraflex scratchers.1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 84

Back