• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'03 running like sh#t

Lagman

Problem with 03 LE, started it up #1 flooding out. Pull the rack, clean all 4, reinstall gas it up. Fires up, bogs on throttle up. Backfires at almost WOT. Now a little fuel spray (Not much) out of 2&3 but I had the box off so it may be normal. Needs some help, wtf am I missing???
Thanks for ALL INPUT:)

I'm thinking the float bowls either sticking or not adjusted to height it being a reason for it flooded out 2nd is the cylinder firing? It would cause wet plugs. 3rd throttle cable closing on all 4 carbs? Just recently mine was running on carbs 1&2 3&4 were dry. Switched the lines at the fuel pump my problem solved one of the two pumps wasn't pulling fuel.

Last edited:
Got it! Rebuild again! It has to be the ethanol crap. Took the seats out and they we're clean yet there was sh#t in a couple jets. Thanks for the reply!

I always take jets apart run a small wire through them. Best wire for this is the tie wire on a loaf of bread just strip the paper or plastic off it it works perfect.

look out for bad o rings on the needle valve seat. caused similar issues on mine, the rubber had worn causing fuel to go past the needle valve when shut which over filled the float bowl and flooded the carbs and air box with fuel.

Back