• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"03" RX-1 front shock springs

snowtwister

I've installed an M-10 suspension late this season on my RX-1. Put about 900mi. on it since the installation. It now feels like the front bounces a lot in stutter bumps. I may not have noticed it with the old pro-action rear suspension. Has anyone changed the front springs or shock valving to stop this and get a smoother ride? I don"t charge into the corners overly hard while riding and am looking for the best ride possible with this sled.

I recently installed the M10 in my sled also. I imediately noticed the front felt harsh, and I had on the 1.9 flat rate springs. I purchased and installed the Ohlins, HUGE difference, much, much better. Buy the shocks and complete your suspension upgrade.

front shocks

I also recommend the ohlins in front to compliment the m-10 out back. Well worth it. Slim

I just contacted Fox shox inc. they are producing the Float shock for the RX1 and mountain. Should be a signifigant weight reduction along with a soft ride. ;)!

I think I will try a set.

Just to add a note Yamaha will be selling the Fox Float shocks as an accessory out of their catalog for the 05 season. I believe a pair for the front will retail for $899

Back